Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FWS Quilt-Along  Week 26  Photo Page for Blocks 51 & 52 >

The FWS Quilt-Along Week 26 Photo Page for Blocks 51 & 52

The FWS Quilt-Along Week 26 Photo Page for Blocks 51 & 52

Old 11-28-2011, 09:06 PM
Power Poster

Oh that was fun ... visiting and admiring all your blocks!
Do you find you smile when you see a fabric from your stash? I'm usually amazed, just because of the country differences, that I see the same. I am encouraged to use a grassy fabric from my stash. I was looking at it the other day, and was worried it'd just be a disaster ... then I saw QNinaSue's which is very similar. So watch for it to appear in a block coming your way very soon!!!

And for tonight, it was sure nice to have two simpler blocks.
#51 -- Hovering Birds ...
and
#52 -- Hovering Hawks ... some sparkly hawks here!
Attached Thumbnails fws.jpg  
Old 11-30-2011, 03:07 PM
Power Poster

Everytime I run through a new week's thread (new to me) I find it to be a humbling experience. The workmanship you quilters exhibit is phenomenal from the very first images to the latest pics. I find myself striving to perfect these little blocks with each one I sew. OBTW I have 5 more sewn with 6 and 7 on the burner. Will let you know when I post.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:30 PM
Power Poster

Looks like you're a rockin' and a rollin' with these blocks now!!!! <clap> <clap> <clap> yeaaaaaaaaaaaa for you!!!!!!!!!
I'll be looking forward to seeing all yours as you have been coming out with some great ones!

Me too, I'm sure I've learned more while doing the FWS than any other project that I've worked on before. No, not sure ... I know I have!!! I'm certainly not a master of colour or contrast/fabric selections, though I'm feeling better about it. And that's proven by tonight's block, #57, Morning ..... didn't get the contrast right at all! I'm glad I pushed myself to doing the PPing as much as I have, as now I am not intimidated by it all.

Besides, if we don't try to do bigger and better and more difficult things, we'll never get better as a quilter, will we?
Ahhhh the old 4-H "Learn To Do By Doing", shines forth!
Old 12-01-2011, 08:21 AM
Power Poster

And don't forget "To make the Best, Better". We are products of our environment/upbringing, QE. Have switched gears to Christmas presents now. A dash of snow on the ground and one thinks of the season!
Old 12-01-2011, 08:54 AM
Power Poster

Well Said ... we can always do better!
Old 12-04-2011, 04:05 PM

[QUOTE=QuiltE;4738321][COLOR=#006400][SIZE=3][FONT=book antiqua][B]
Me too, I'm sure I've learned more while doing the FWS than any other project that I've worked on before. No, not sure ... I know I have!!! I'm certainly not a master of colour or contrast/fabric selections, though I'm feeling better about it.

I wholeheartedly agree with you! There are so many different things I learn with FW. My color sense is so much better now also.

I wish I could do PC with everyone, not only for the great people that I've come to know but also for more advancement in quilting skills and knowledge.