Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FWS Quilt-Along  Week 28  Blocks 55 & 56 Photo Page >

The FWS Quilt-Along Week 28 Blocks 55 & 56 Photo Page

The FWS Quilt-Along Week 28 Blocks 55 & 56 Photo Page

Old 11-11-2011, 10:46 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by retrogirl02 View Post
OOH, how exciting! I have these done....not doing mine in any particular order. I'm having trouble downloading the photos for some reason though.
Oh, please do figure it out, so we can see and enjoy your work.

As always, I love everyone's different interpretations of the same blocks!!
Old 11-11-2011, 04:45 PM
Power Poster

retrogirl02, glad to see another quilter joining us! I hope you can post soon, too.
I decided to quit hopscotching around the book and follow the regimented order. At least I will have some order in my crazy life! Being a latecomer has it's advantages. I've already seen completed quilts, and it's enjoyable to see them one block at a time.
Old 11-11-2011, 05:09 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
retrogirl02, glad to see another quilter joining us! I hope you can post soon, too.
I decided to quit hopscotching around the book and follow the regimented order. At least I will have some order in my crazy life! Being a latecomer has it's advantages. I've already seen completed quilts, and it's enjoyable to see them one block at a time.

You caught me ... I do a combo ... follow in numerical order, and then when I need something easy, it's hopscotch for me! At least then, I'm productive ... and when I get to that pair, 1/2 is done, so results are quickly seen!!
Old 11-29-2011, 09:54 PM
Power Poster

Wouldn't we have such a lovely bunch of leaves if we put them all together? Just like our autumn maple leaves, no two the same!

#55 -- Linoleum ... inspired by the kitchen floor in our farmhome when I was a kid!!
and
#56 -- Maple Leaf ... I just couldn't not do the true Canadian Flag Maple Leaf!!!
Attached Thumbnails fws55-56.jpg  
Old 11-30-2011, 08:57 AM

Very pretty QE. Love the swirly fabric-gives your block a lot of movement. You're moving right along--I'm enjoying your journey (cause you're doing all the work this time LOL).
Old 11-30-2011, 09:47 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by janRN View Post
Very pretty QE. Love the swirly fabric-gives your block a lot of movement. You're moving right along--I'm enjoying your journey (cause you're doing all the work this time LOL).
So maybe I should pack up some fabric and send it to you to help me?? Just so you can get involved!!!
Come January we're going to be in the same boat .... or perhaps I should say, on the same wagon?
Last night was the first time I thought, hey, I really can get this done on time. Spent some time this morning looking at completed quilts .... re my sashing etc. I have enough of the sashing for that, but would need to do something else for the border, so was contemplating the wisdom in that step as most have them the same.
Old 11-30-2011, 03:42 PM
Power Poster

I'm trying to remember the linoleum in the houses I grew up in and then get confused with the floors I mopped of my own. When did we go from linoleum to vinyl? Remember the black backing on them. The old farmhouse I moved into as a bride still had "carpet" designed linoleum on the upstairs bedroom floors. Took a while to be able to replace them too! A happy day then.
Okay I'll quit strolling down memory lane. Another go round of great little blocks. QNinaS, so enjoy the little creative fabrics and comments you add to you blocks/postings. Again great blocks, QE. Linoleum block reminds me of the year my mom painted her kitchen avocado green and harvest gold.
Old 11-30-2011, 09:22 PM
Power Poster

Now you've sent me back onto that memory lane!!
So Mom's kitchen re-do would have been early 70's! Yup, my first kitchen as the new bride was gold, gold and gold! My floors were linoleum. Good deal at $1 a yard (or foot?). Who was to argue as that put down something easier to keep up with than living on plywood floors. hhmmmm ..... come to think of it, when we sold that home to move to our own farm, we still hadn't replaced most of the floors!

I "loved" that carpet looking linoleum ... especially the ones with the big floral designs on it!!!! My Grandfather's home had some of that .... and it was ancient!!! Funny what we remember!
Old 12-04-2011, 04:17 PM

Me too. I'm remembering the first "house" we lived in as newlyweds. It was a basement apartment in Utah. It was definitely very old. It had wool carpet in the living room. What I remember most is the "linoleum." I don't even think it was linoleum! It was black with flecks. I actually loved it because it didn't show dirt and so no one could tell that I didn't mop very regularly!
Old 06-08-2012, 02:32 PM

Here are mine for the week[ATTACH=CONFIG]340713[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails week-28.jpg