Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FWS Quilt-Along  Week 29  Blocks 57 & 58  Photo Page >

The FWS Quilt-Along Week 29 Blocks 57 & 58 Photo Page

The FWS Quilt-Along Week 29 Blocks 57 & 58 Photo Page

Old 02-25-2011, 12:15 PM

LOL! I do these things all of the time! I have yet to make a PERFECT quilt, because I tend to just leave it :D
Old 02-25-2011, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Jagsd3
Wowser! I am not sure where my thinker is?? I finished what I thought was my 4" #57 Morning Block in Scrappy fabrics.
And since posting it is not exactly up to specs. Can you see the problem?pretty noticable..

Well, will think on this one, Do I make a new one? I really kind of like this one other than the mistake of course.
It took me a few minutes + a quick reference to the book to find it. I wouldn't change it.

I'm working off and on on 59 and twice I sewed in reverse---so I decided to keep it that way and going to the 3rd square I did it again-- now I don't have enough fabric to recut the dark blue and I have to start out all over again from SCRATCH!! Anne
Old 02-25-2011, 03:17 PM

Hey! Me too! I'm galloping by on my horse and I can't tell what's wrong with your block....LOL

I have one backwards block so far and another bird one where I never got the HSTs in the right place. Unless you are going to give someone the book as a reference when they look at your quilt, I doubt anyone is going to notice. I doubt that they'd care even if they did notice!
Old 02-25-2011, 11:46 PM

I must be blind because I think it looks perfect, leave it as it is :thumbup:
Old 02-28-2011, 07:44 AM

Well, my DH finally had a chance to get my scanner fixed and up and running again! So here are my blocks 57 & 58.

Morning
[ATTACH=CONFIG]132494[/ATTACH]

Mother's Dream
[ATTACH=CONFIG]132495[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-132489.jpe   attachment-132490.jpe  
Old 02-28-2011, 07:48 AM

Beautiful Ronda--especially love the dark swirly fabric in Morning.
Jags-what mistake? I see an artistic decision; beautiful.
Old 12-24-2011, 02:59 PM
Power Poster

The thermometer has dipped low here today (minus 10C), and many of your blocks make me feel like there is hope of spring!!

Here are my two ...
#57 Morning ... Really botched this fabric mix. Certainly a candidate for a re-do later on.
and
#58 Mother's Dream ... Much happier here!
Attached Thumbnails fws-006.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltE; 12-24-2011 at 03:01 PM.
Old 12-24-2011, 04:45 PM

Hey, don't be so hard on yourself. I certainly have a few blocks where the color choices weren't the best. However, when you put together a quilt with a 101 (or 111?) blocks, no one is going to pick out the one (or two) that aren't exactly perfect!!!

And then there's construction! There's more than two that I'm just trusting to sheer numbers to hide them in! LOL!

I'm tearing my hair out on 83 Spider Web. The part that was the hardest I got together fairly easily. But the easy part came out as mirror image to what they're supposed to be. Back to the cutting and stitching. At least it was the two easy pieces!

I love your Mother's Dream. Your sashing squares are terrific!
Old 12-24-2011, 06:53 PM
Power Poster

And as you said ... don't be so hard on yourself! If it's a mirror image, so what? .... it was your design choice! Forget about the recutting and move onwards! I enjoyed doing that one ... and heck, maybe mine was mirror imaged too?

I just bought the cornerstone material this week ... took all my blocks to my LQS and we played for awhile. Certainly wasn't what I thought I'd have! I can still change it up if I want, if I am not totally taken by it when the time comes. I also bought a different fabric for the setting triangles. Or could use it for both, possibly? Forgot to get it out before I photo'd, and will probably include in future shots!

Now my dear ... stop sewing, and get yourself off to bed, before Santa comes!

Merry Christmas, everyone!!!
Old 01-17-2012, 06:52 PM
Power Poster

This has thread has had the prettiest fabrics. QNSue, I love my morning glories. I have one variety (Grandpa Ott's from Seedsavers) that reseeds itself wonderfully. Have an old steel bed frame next to the barn (red) and every fall it's full of the prettiest purple blooms. Not much else will grow there, but the MG's do. I'm careful where I put those babies though--they can be worse than weeds. Another two blocks for show casing a center motif. Great job. And QE--they can't all be perfect fabric choices or how would we learn? But the fabric may be a great choice in the overall quilt. Your great piecing makes up for it!