Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
The FWS Quilt-Along  Week 43 Blocks 85 & 86  Photo Page >

The FWS Quilt-Along Week 43 Blocks 85 & 86 Photo Page

The FWS Quilt-Along Week 43 Blocks 85 & 86 Photo Page

Old 12-30-2011, 12:22 PM
Power Poster

Yippppeeeee!!!!!
You're waaaaaaaay ahead of me! Looks like you'll be done in time for the PC start!!!

I forget ... have you decided on cornerstones, sashing and borders yet?
Old 12-30-2011, 01:21 PM

I've got brown sashing. Haven't decided or border. I'm going to do a dark green back either plain or minimal pattern. I'm hand quilting and I want my quilting to show up on the back.

I'm not doing the PC. I'd like to be with the group again, but it is too much work. I got nothing done this year except for the FW. I want to work on quilts that are waiting.
Old 12-30-2011, 01:53 PM
Power Poster

Brown will be lovely!
I'm committed to the dark green sashing. Cornerstones and setting triangles are being auditioned, though I'm pretty close to the end on that. Border ... wish I had more green, though I have FavoriteFabrics (a QB poster and business) checking to see if we can come up with a match, which would make life oh so easy!

I totally understand your reason for not being with us in the PC. I sometimes wonder why I am doing it .... though I wish I'd been part of the FWS experience from the beginning, and am looking forward to that camaraderie with the PC! Granted, I don't have much of a life, so can probably still sneak in a few extra things. Just need to get FWS blocks done! Back to my machine .... got interrupted today with a visitor! Supper is in the oven, so can let it brew away as I stitch away!

Last edited by QuiltE; 12-30-2011 at 01:55 PM.
Old 01-03-2012, 08:44 PM
Power Poster

I have a special reward every time I finish a pair of blocks .... I get to come here and see all the pretty ones that you ladies have made, ahead of me. I seldom look at them until that point, as I try to not let what you have done influence what I do. OK, I'll confess I did look at them when QNonnie posted her pair last week .... and yet, when I went thru them now, I didn't remember a lot of them!!

Here's mine ....
#85 ... Square Dance ... this fabric reminds me oh so much of our square dance dresses and how we would trim them up, back in Jr. Farmers Days. I should have added some white lace, as we often had white eyelet aprons overtop!
and
#86 ... Squash Blossom

88/111 -------------->23!!

Attached Thumbnails fws85-86a.jpg  
Old 01-03-2012, 08:51 PM

Love your square dance, the flowers are beautiful. You used to square dance? I did and absolutely loved it. Unfortunately DH is not a dancin' man!

You squash blossom turned out beautifully. Wonderful piecing!
Old 01-03-2012, 09:06 PM
Power Poster

Thanks ... I wasn't in love with that floral, and kind of added it in, as it picked up so many colours. Shows how things can change when we make them up with other fabrics. Perhaps should have had a brighter burgundy as it kind of gets lost amidst the black/gold.

Oh yes ... square dancing was a very popular thing! I'd still love to do it, but there's seldom an opportunity anymore. Luckily no one sees me kick up my heels, when some good ol' country music comes on! hhmmmmmmmm we'll have to have a square dance on a Pony Club thread someday!
Old 01-03-2012, 10:48 PM

Great idea! Do-si-do. Allemande left!
Old 01-17-2012, 05:55 PM
Power Poster

Anne when I saw your square dance block come up, I thought I was viewing PC blocks (I'm multi-tasking with tabs tonight)! This block has the plain center for you all to showcase a pretty fabric. And QE if you don't care for it--maybe it will get lost in the quilt!!LOLThe squash blossom has such terrific angles--love the turquoise ones! QE are you choosing fabrics to go with that green border? I'm waiting for some hot yellow/orange lightning to show up!
Old 01-17-2012, 06:23 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
QE are you choosing fabrics to go with that green border? I'm waiting for some hot yellow/orange lightning to show up!
Ha! You were already saw that lightening strike!! As for the fabrics with the sashing ... that's where I started to get cold feet the other day, and wondering/worrying whether the fabric mix was still working with the green? arrgghhhhhhh!
Old 06-08-2012, 02:54 PM

Here are mine for the week[ATTACH=CONFIG]340731[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails week-43.jpg