Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Blocks of the Month and Week
  • I February 2011 BOM Farmhouse pictures. >
  • I February 2011 BOM Farmhouse pictures.

• I February 2011 BOM Farmhouse pictures.

Old 04-21-2011, 09:07 PM

Wow! What a creative block! It's wonderful!
    Old 04-21-2011, 11:00 PM

Originally Posted by pab58
    Okay Mary, I finally got up the nerve to post a couple pictures of your farmhouse block. I pray that you will find it pleasing. I tried to include a few things that perhaps would remind you of your childhood home. I included lots and lots of flowers (even some "violets" in the upstairs windows) and a few quilts for your mother. The yellow "roses" are in remembrance of your loved ones who have passed, and the flag is a nod to the courage your brother exhibited by his service in the armed forces. There is an apple tree and a watermelon because your father farmed. I thought the little kitty cat that's peeking from behind the watermelon looked just a little bit like your kitty in your avatar. I changed the posts on the porch because your home had wrought iron railings. I even put the driveway at the bottom of the block -- just like in the photograph you sent to me. The squirrel is to represent the little furry baby, Bushy Tail, that you all nursed after it fell from its nest. I added a small lilac bush in front of the photo of your family since you mentioned that you had lilacs on the homestead. The vining flowers are "morning glories," and they have just about overtaken the house!! After all, your daddy said that "if [you] could just sell them [you] would be rich." There was so-o-o-o much more I wanted to include, but there was only so much room in the block. Thank you so very much for letting me do this for you. ;-) It was a blessing to me.
    WOW WOW WOW!! :thumbup: What a blessing & a treasure of a block, that you have created for skydiver!! :thumbup: I can just feel her heart swell with love as she saw your beautiful block. I see so much detail & enjoy your lovely work. Thank you so much for sharing this truely marvelous Farmhouse block with all of us!!
    :D :D :D :D
    Old 04-22-2011, 03:21 AM

PAB578 & Skydiver70,
    I am speechless. The exchange we have been wintness to takes my breath away. Pab58, for you to make this amazing block for another member is remarkable. What a giving heart you have. Skydiver, you must be a wonderful friend to bring this out in someone. I strongly beliee in Karma and we don't enjoy such wonderful people in our lives without being wonderful to others. Thanks to both of you for allowing us to see the wonder of kindness! OK, maybe I'm never speechless. lol
    Old 04-22-2011, 06:42 AM

Oh my. You are truely gifted. So much talent and creativity. Amazing to see.
    Old 04-22-2011, 02:36 PM

PAB578 & Skydiver70,
    What wonderful thoughts I had when I clicked and your farm house opened up. Just seeing little memories of the past captured in fabric is just mind blowing.
    Old 04-22-2011, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by karenkrafts
    PAB578 & Skydiver70,
    What wonderful thoughts I had when I clicked and your farm house opened up. Just seeing little memories of the past captured in fabric is just mind blowing.
    Thank you Karen, and thanks to everyone else too for the sweet comments. I am so humbled by your kindness to me.

When the farmhouse block was first posted for February, Mary said she wasn't going to make one because of all the little pieces. She had made the church block, and those pieces were small enough. Well, there was something about her that drew me to her. I hated the thought of her not having all the blocks for the house BOM. I sent her a PM and asked her if she would allow me to make the block for her. We communicated via PMs and email so I could find out as much as possible about her growing up in a farmhouse that looked so much like the one that had been selected for February. Every time she wrote to me to respond to my many, many questions I felt as if I had always known her. We have so much in common. Her mother and my grandmother were so very much alike! It was such a joy to be able to make this block. I tried to make it look as much as I could like the one she grew up in. I hope I did justice to her memories. She sent me a PM last night that brought me to tears. After I tweek the block just a bit it will be on its way to Tennessee. I pray that it will arrive safely. ;)
    Old 04-29-2011, 06:41 PM

Patty,

I received the Farmhouse block today, and it is even more beautiful than the photo. I am in awe of your creativity. You will never know how much I appreciate what you have done for me. You have been one busy lady. I can't keep my eyes off it. I find something new and more beautiful everytime I look at it.

Know that I will treasure this for a lifetime. Thanks does not do justice, but know that I truly appreciate what you did.

Thanks again my friend,

Mary
    Old 04-30-2011, 06:55 AM

Mary, I am humbled. :oops: :oops: You are so very, very welcome dear heart! ;-)
    Old 05-31-2011, 07:17 PM

Here is my farmhouse. It was so extremely challenging. The block is 12", thus the house is 50% smaller. I used 3 shades of grey and 2 shades of black. But it is difficult to see them!
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-204960.jpe  
    Old 05-31-2011, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by Jeanine
    Here is my farmhouse. It was so extremely challenging. The block is 12", thus the house is 50% smaller. I used 3 shades of grey and 2 shades of black. But it is difficult to see them!
    Another Beauty!! :thumbup: I am really liking your style that you are using to make your blocks. I bet it was a challenge to make it so much smaller, but you did a great job!!
    :D :D :D :D