Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3

Thread: Jane Stickle Cyber Block Party Week 59 BLC and TLC

Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Meredith, have you auditioned the dark green fabric for the binding? That might work well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Oh you are funny Meredith...you know I did that only so I could "see" which fabric was the binding...ROTFLMAO!

I'm using the brown to match my cones....I'm pretty sure anyway... see what you've done now????
    What about chocolate-dipped strawberries? Chocolate Cherry Cordials? Both could be hot pink!

Blog Entries
    LOL...it actually didn't look bad on the screen with the hot pink:wink:, and now...you've made me hungry! You know I saw my 1st sign of this spring advertising Chocolate covered strawberries!...Yummy!!

Quote Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
    Meredith, have you auditioned the dark green fabric for the binding? That might work well.
    Kathy, Yes, and the green would look good, but I want to use red, I want that "pop" of color on the edge. Actually I wish I had the same red I used for the cornerstones, but I can't find anymore. The red (I posted) has tiny cream stars. I found some more of that fabric online yesterday and ordered it! It was on sale too, I was surprised I found any red because this line came out over a year ago. :D

Also, the left over fabric is going into the backing, so that lovely dark green is going to be in the quilt too! I plan to square the remaining pieces, lay them out, arrange them, then sew them together. I'm sure I have enough to cover at least a 1/3-1/2 of the back.That should cover the center section nicely. :D

Since this girl is so hefty, I am going to use a lighter weight batting, probably the one you posted that is in your quilt! :D

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wilhelmina
    Kathy, Yes, and the green would look good, but I want to use red, I want that "pop" of color on the edge. Actually I wish I had the same red I used for the cornerstones, but I can't find anymore. The red (I posted) has tiny cream stars. I found some more of that fabric online yesterday and ordered it! It was on sale too, I was surprised I found any red because this line came out over a year ago. :D

Also, the left over fabric is going into the backing, so that lovely dark green is going to be in the quilt too! I plan to square the remaining pieces, lay them out, arrange them, then sew them together. I'm sure I have enough to cover at least a 1/3-1/2 of the back.That should cover the center section nicely. :D

Since this girl is so hefty, I am going to use a lighter weight batting, probably the one you posted that is in your quilt! :D
    Whew! I'm so glad you were able to get more red. I really like it, too, but was afraid you wouldn't get more. I am lovin' Thermore batting. I haven't ever seen such thin batting. Even now, several months since I started quilting it, it hasn't fluffed up. Still paper thin. I'm trying to keep the quilting to a minimum as I have noticed that when I quilt a quilt, it gets heavier with the addition of the thread. Then add the weight of the binding & the thread to sew it on (twice). every ounce adds up, doesn't it.

Warning - it has a sort of sticky feel when you first bring it out of the bag. It goes away after a little while. It's not sticky enough to glue the top & batting down like spray basting adhesive would. It's just a funny feeling. I basted with basting thread. I really like hand quilting through it - almost like there isn't any batting there, but it does puff up nicely on the applique pieces.

Blog Entries
    so when i use the software to print out the kits, or corners, what do i put in for a measurement? i've looked thru the thread, and can't find it. doing 4.5 in blocks and 5 x 8 tri's. thx sunny

Blog Entries
    Sew..I know I pm'd you this, but putting it in the thread in case someone else needs it....8x8....of click on "size from quilt"

Blog Entries
    i didn't see the 'size to quilt'. looked before i went to town. but thought i looked good. i looked at options. maybe it will jump out and bite me after a while. LOL

Blog Entries
    Its right below the box where you type in the specif sizes ( I think)

Blog Entries
    i see it, but it doesn't light up for me to open it, or have an option. when i edited a kite. sorry. i must be doing something wrong. i just blew thru this, without learning lots, cause i was just copying what you ladies said to do. i even found the the measurements for the strips between the blocks today. but on my software, or on any place else i looked, couldn't find it. found it on page 380, thereabouts, where YOU were re telling someone about it.

Blog Entries
    Ok...well, you are good to go..so I guess it doesn't matter. :D:

Okay I have picked up my DJ once again to finish it of....at last I hear you say. Here is my first Kite, only 3 more to go.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Elle, your kite is beautiful.

Blog Entries
    Yummy Elle! I'm so happy that you are moving on this one....I'll keep kicking you...OK??? LOL!

Thanks Patti, I will remember that, your kick hurts

Blog Entries
    Oops...sorry, I'll take of these pointy toed boots....that should help LOL!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Oops...sorry, I'll take of these pointy toed boots....that should help LOL!
    I should think the light blue croc that new baby kitty is curled up in would be the thing for kincking Elle's b--- ! Much softer & gentler.

Elle, so glad you've gotten back to finishing your Asian Jane! I have no idea what it is like to put something down for a year & then pick it up again - no idea um - um - um maybe 10 years, but not one!!! We'll be here cheering you on with all the rest of the new members.

Thanks, it has been a while, but I think I am finally on track again, still a bit to go, having gotten all the tri´s together, I now have to quilt the blighters and then of course I have the scallops and then I have to quilt those little blighters as well ho humm...it will get done. I put a date on the quilt today for my corner stone of November 2011 so its got to be finished by the end of November right.

Blog Entries
    Ooohhhh, thats what I did Elle! I was really nervous about putting an actual finish date on it! You go girl! I'm going to put on my cheerleader shoes....they are round soft toed for kicking butt too...or I could use the blue crocs....OH! Gotta go get the pom poms too!

I have conjured up an image Patti of you in your short skirt and pom poms waving with cute shoes on, shouting go Elle go

Blog Entries
    Oh good!!! Thats what I was going for! I'm still here shouting!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst ... 2 3