Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Jane Styckle Cyber Block Party, Week 37.   RS13, M9, D12, E1 and E6 >

Jane Styckle Cyber Block Party, Week 37. RS13, M9, D12, E1 and E6

Jane Styckle Cyber Block Party, Week 37. RS13, M9, D12, E1 and E6

Old 09-08-2010, 07:18 AM

No not polished the wax is gone when you get it in the shops It is cotton. Look on the internet at Hoffman bali batiks.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:04 PM

Week 37

I started with the tri, it looked easy enough, then the middle happened! For some reason, I just didn't want to sew E-6, so I did that one last, and I didn't enjoy the middle of that one either! I love them all, now that they are done! :lol:
Attached Thumbnails attachment-115198.jpe  
Old 09-10-2010, 05:31 PM
Power Poster

Meredith...they look wonderful! I agree about that tri...it looked easy at first, then...whoa!!! Your blocks are sure coming together well with that sashing and the red cornerstones...Did you say that you were going with the scrappy fabrics for your between tris?
Old 09-10-2010, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Meredith...they look wonderful! I agree about that tri...it looked easy at first, then...whoa!!! Your blocks are sure coming together well with that sashing and the red cornerstones...Did you say that you were going with the scrappy fabrics for your between tris?
Yes, the tweeners or blank tris, will be mixed fabrics, same fabric line in the quilt. I have already cut them!! :thumbup:
Old 09-10-2010, 06:45 PM

Lesley your blocks are perfection, those batiks are wonderful. It must feel great that the quilt it is done! Will you make another one?

Patti, I love the way you combine fabrics and colors and your chocolate backing will showcase all those combinations beautifully!

Janstar, with every set your blocks always look fresh and as if you sew them perfect the first time every time. :) I love the calmness of your colors.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:08 PM

Meredith, I felt the same with E6 just took one look and thought that ones going to be a little piggy. I have done it but it sure looks odd that middle part, will have to redo. Just have the one block left for week 37 then I will post.

Elle
Old 09-11-2010, 01:16 AM
Power Poster

Thanks Meredith, but NO, I have no intention of making another one. There are so many other quilts out there I want to make. I have just about collected all the fabrics I need to make one called Little Brown Bird, so that is on the list. (It's mostly hand applique, that one, and I think the book is out of print now).

Then I have a printed wholecloth top I want to do, but that is still waiting for some backing fabric. I also have top and backing fabric for a second one, but that isn't printed, I bought a pattern, and it needs to be traced.

I still have my IRR that came back last month, that needs layering, basting and quilting (waiting for my new HQ16 Sit Down to do that, and I have a Convergence quilt that also needs the same treatment.

I think the last on my list is a kit I bought 2 or 3 years ago that the top is 3/4 done.

I am in no danger of running out of things to do!
Old 09-11-2010, 01:19 AM

Sounds like you are going to be busy Lesley. Canīt wait to see your progress on "The Little Brown Bird" that is a stunning quilt.

Will you post us pics as you go along on that one I would love to see it.

Elle
Old 09-11-2010, 05:34 AM

My software is goofing me up. The very bottom portion of the tri is not printing, I have re checked several times and it is not there. The Template is on it but I am hesitating about hand sewing it. have gotten lazy inmy old age. lol
Old 09-11-2010, 05:44 AM
Power Poster

jolo...which one is it? There are a few that parts of the pattern aren't offered as foundation patterns . When thats the case, I usually just print the "block", then cut it apart to get the pieces that I need. But tell us which one so we can check to see if its your software or if that is just the way it is.