Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Journeys with Dear Jane: Baby Janes in the making and complete >

Journeys with Dear Jane: Baby Janes in the making and complete

Journeys with Dear Jane: Baby Janes in the making and complete

Old 04-26-2014, 06:27 PM

I must have a different version of Microsoft Word as I can't access this document either. Could someone post the actual document instead of offering a link? If it can't be done then I guess I'll just work on a different system. Thanks.
Old 04-26-2014, 06:36 PM

Nammie- I tried to get it into another format and that didn't work very well ....however I found out cutting and pasting was okey dokey! Here's the start....unfortunately the colors disappear...
until the first break, all scheduled blocks are beginners except for A1, A5, and B10 - which are intermediate. HOWEVER... if you redo A1 to look like Jane's original it is more of an "advanced" block.In the second section A9 and B6 are advanced, A7, C12, and B5 are beginner blocks, the rest are intermediate. [You can actually see the intermediates are not in bold]

Third section: C9, D3, TR 2 are beginners, C4 & C8 are advanced.

hope this helps!!

"Journeys with Dear Jane: Baby Janes in the making and complete"

[TABLE]
[TR]
[TD]Week of[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 4"]Blocks[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 2"]Triangles[/TD]
[TD]Kites[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 7"]Beginner [green] Intermediate [black] Advanced [red][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]March 9, 2014[/TD]
[TD]A6[/TD]
[TD]A8[/TD]
[TD]B4[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]March 16[/TD]
[TD]C1[/TD]
[TD]B13[/TD]
[TD]C3[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]March 23[/TD]
[TD]A1[/TD]
[TD]A5[/TD]
[TD]B1[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]March 30[/TD]
[TD]B2[/TD]
[TD]B3[/TD]
[TD]B10[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]April 6[/TD]
[TD]B12[/TD]
[TD]A3[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]BR1[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]April 13[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]TR1[/TD]
[TD]TR3

[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]April 20[/TD]
[TD="colspan: 6"]BREAK ~ CATCH-UP[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]April 27[/TD]
[TD]A7[/TD]
[TD]A9[/TD]
[TD]A11[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]May 4[/TD]
[TD]A2[/TD]
[TD]A4[/TD]
[TD]B11[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]May 11[/TD]
[TD]A10[/TD]
[TD]C12[/TD]
[TD]B9[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]May 18[/TD]
[TD]B8[/TD]
[TD]B7[/TD]
[TD]A13[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]May 25[/TD]
[TD]A12[/TD]
[TD]B5[/TD]
[TD]B6[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]June 1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]June 8[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]RS1[/TD]
[TD]BR4[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]June 15[/TD]
[TD]C9[/TD]
[TD]C6[/TD]
[TD]D3[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]June 22[/TD]
[TD]C2[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]TR5[/TD]
[TD]TR2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]June 29[/TD]
[TD]C4[/TD]
[TD]C5[/TD]
[TD]C8[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]July 6[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

Last edited by Cre8tvlwyr; 04-26-2014 at 06:43 PM.
Old 04-26-2014, 06:50 PM

Thank you so much! Now I can work in the same sequence as every one else. As soon as I get back from my Denver trip on Friday I'm going to get right into making these blocks. I finally got the batik fabric that I ordered -- it is kind of on the light blue/grey side but I think it will work well.
Old 04-26-2014, 06:53 PM

OK - I have a few minutes after my class with Jill Schumacher and dinner - and - preparing dessert for my family to remark on some of the things I've been reading...

Sunrise - where in CA are you?? we should get together if you're near Agoura!
Karen - love the progress!!! but I thought you were going to use the DJ software chart - did it ever work?

Spartan - your hand quilting stitches are soooooo very perfect!! makes me want to QAYG mine as well. Also, for the corners I did what Dotty did - added a bit more than 1/4" around [I think closer to 3/4"] I dont know why though because I've cut every block and triangle down to 1/4" all the way around and just keep them safe in a box so the edges dont fray.

QuiltnNan - I think you mentioned something about organizing or some blocks in the wrong colorway?? just do what I'm gonna do - I'm calling mine "not quite Jane"

I wrote some notes since I've been out so long, but can't make sense of my notes either!!

Will not go so long between posts I hope! Happy sewing
Gus
Old 04-27-2014, 04:46 PM

Gus~thanks for the comments about my quilting. I have never done hand quilting in my life, but I have done embroidery, and figured that I could wing it from there. I know that when I look back at the first blocks I quilted, it is a good thing that they are all sewn together, or I would probably replace them.

I am a little late in posting this week, but with Easter, running around, and hubby getting sick again, I only have 2 triangles to post this week. I did get a second kite made, but not quilted yet, so it will go into next week's posting.
The first is TR 12 and that leaf was a definite challenge, as most of the blocks are, but it is done, if not perfect. Fine for me.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]473306[/ATTACH]

The next one is TR 13, and now I have all the TR triangles done, so I will begin working on RS & LS triangles, going down 5 rows to match the rows that I have done.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]473307[/ATTACH]
I have so enjoyed looking at the blocks posted, so keep posting. Have a good week, everyone.
Attached Thumbnails 2014-april-2-dj-triangles-001.jpg   2014-april-2-dj-triangles-002.jpg  
Old 04-27-2014, 09:32 PM

Nice work Spartan!

I finished my homework this week: A9, A10 and A7.
Attached Thumbnails a9-04.27.14.jpg   a10-04.27.14.jpg   a7-04.27.14.jpg  
Old 04-28-2014, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by spartan quilter View Post
Thanks, Fraew, yours are looking pretty spectacular. Let's try to hang in there. Since I posted those pictures, about 2 hours ago, I got 2 blocks made and ready to quilt. Now to find the time to quilt them, but I will make time in the evenings. Just need to stay off the computer and games.
OMG, Your color choices are fantastic, Sparta quilter! Dare I ask, are you quilting each block individually? How does one do that? Doesn't it make it very difficult to then sew the whole quilt together? Can you give us some tips on how to do this? I'm intrigued. I know that years ago some folks did quilt as you go, but never did I see it done on such small blocks....yes, totally impressed.
Old 04-28-2014, 07:42 AM

Fraew, your blocks are so neat. Love them. My nemisis is those ovals and you did a great job on them. Hang in there, we will get there yet.
Old 04-28-2014, 06:07 PM

Hi Gus, Sorry to hear your back is giving you problems. Hope you are back to normal soon. Pertaining to the DJ software chart, I had such a hard time with it when I first attempted to use it, I used the Excel chart. I love the Excel program and I have not had any problems inserting the blocks so I have not gotten back to working with the software one yet. I appreciate your help and I will try it sometime if I have any spare time. I have four more blocks completed (D1-D4) and will post them soon. Have enjoyed looking at everyone's blocks. Keep the good work up.
Old 04-29-2014, 05:54 AM

Watching everyone's progress, and cheering you onward. Optic nerve is reducing in size slowly, back to 20/25 sight with right eye and hope the progress toward healing continues....and I am continuing to quilt in my quilt room. Not on any schedule or dates due for any project or block, but just enjoying the sight to see to continue my saga and song in the quilt room. Good luck to everyone.