Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 50 of 63 FirstFirst ... 40 49 50 51 60 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1570

Thread: Judy's 3rd MYSTERY QUILT train ride

Yes, Sunliten - we are enjoying the rainy weather here too!
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and your fingers just won't work anymore."

I hope so! I am tired to death of this heat, and we could always use the rain. In fact, I love when it rains in winter. Been unusually warm this November, just like last year. Oh well, this too shall pass! I hope! But it should not be 90 the end of November, this is just wrong wrong wrong.

Where in SoCal are you, sunlite? My daughter still lives there, is now in Long Beach, but we used to live in the San Fernando Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles View Post
    this rainstorm that is here right now is comming your way Judy. It is actually three storm fronts but they are only separated by a few hours. Good sewing weather
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Blog Entries
    Burbank ....near the Burbank "Bob Hope" airport.
    actually half way between the airport and Warner Bros., NBC studios....and the corporate offices of Disney.

use to be farm land, good farm land, sigh.

good brief - other end of the valley - West Hills. We were almost neighbors! Our area was orange and walnut groves before the developers came in, in the 50s and 60s

I have this fabric too, and thought it was so cute, Don't want to cut it up.

Quote Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles View Post
    Attachment 378455
    fabric to entertain all with pet cats.....giggle

I am so far behind, I am still only at the nine patches. I am hoping to catch up in a couple of weeks. Just to much going on right now. Thank you Judy for putting this on, and hopefully I will be finished with this one before you start the next one I am almost done with the last one you did......

Here's my blocks so far, need to set all together now. I have one more row to put on but ran outa room on my design wall.. It's sure different for me tho..

Name:  3rd Mystery Top '12-QB.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  161.1 KB

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    I split mine up and am having all different ones. Might be done sewing together 1 tomorrow. Will post if I do. I'm actually going to really like it and in the process got over one of my biggest fears to start doing. Now it'll probably be in a lot of the things I do. Just a hint, show you tomorrow and see what you think.I really like the pattern and will do it again properly, but didn't like my color choices together. The red and white quilt turned out beautiful, I love that.
    Oksewnsew you can do like I have done and make 2 quilts instead of 1, maybe you'd be happier with that and you wouldn't waste so much material having it sit as a UFO.

Hahaha Jaba, good idea, but think I'll leave it whole. I'm just so used to doing things in pinks, and colors other than yellow, that it takes me a bit to get used to it. I just wanted to do something different. It'll get finished, I promise..lolo

Well I say for a bunch of quilters we sure are color phobic here on this quilt I guess the deal with sewing together a combo you arent happy with is that instead of using what you ARE happy with and finding a new way with it you could truly end up with something you would not be happy to put out anywhere. Fabric is highly precious in my home I can not afford to have that happen so I am just thankful this is passable the combos I had and they are going to a NON quilter who will just be thrilled to get it and its girly colores which she likes. so there I am safe. That SAID I will do another mystery quilt because it was fun to do with all of you, Judy made it possible to see I can do a design I would have thought I would never take on (challenging too many pieces) and made it.. simple. I could hug her for this. I will be sitting at the train station bags packed.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

I love all the quilts that have been shown.That pattern brings out all colors very nicely.Mine is stitched but have weekend guest so will post little later.......
    Mary

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Oksewnsew View Post
    Here's my blocks so far, need to set all together now. I have one more row to put on but ran outa room on my design wall.. It's sure different for me tho..

Name:  3rd Mystery Top '12-QB.jpg
Views: 459
Size:  161.1 KB
    ? are you sure that the yellow and y,b,w half square triangles are going that way??? I think the spinning star in the center might be the y,b,w, print ????? or it is just early in the morning and my eyes are playing tricks
    my favorite color is yellow so love your blocks !!!!

Blog Entries
    It is raining and I have to travel the 405 all the way to the ocean (Pacific) this like the worst freeway in the world!!!!!
    and it is raining (did I already say that)

It is my DGGD baptism so I just have to have backbone (courage) and do it.

Cool

Well finally got the last pieces sewn together and just a few to still square up. I put together the final block on my design wall to see what they look like. Boy is it going to be a bright quilt.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by quilt addict; 12-02-2012 at 06:24 AM.
    Lisa

quilt addict, the large HST blocks on the orange blocks need to be changed - the squiggly print should be next to your 9-ptch. I noticed sunlite did the same on her yellow and green HST.

Blog Entries
    ? have not posted mine yet, getting new camera batteries this morning,,,,,

Oh, I see......that was oksewnsew's that I was admiring.

checked traffic on the computer and am braver now. Wish me 'smooth sailing' everyone, please.

OK, I changed the dark part around...Does that look better? I like it better...thanks for seeing what I didn't..

Name:  DSCN0171.JPG
Views: 444
Size:  176.5 KB

oksewnsew I liked it before but I love it after the change you made really made a big difference. I hope to get back to mine soon as I finish with xmas gifts. LOL All the quilts I've seen so far are beautiful!!
    It's always sunny here in Fl unless it's raining,LOL

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries

border

This is what I ended up doing with the lavender and white one. Just have to decide if I should put another border on. Seems like it needs 1 more so am looking at adding the lavender and then binding with the floral. What do you think? Part of Christmas for great grand baby.Name:  DSCF0979.JPG
Views: 356
Size:  1.22 MB

oksewnsew, that looks a whole lot better!
    Jaba, I like what you did with this! Yes, lavender border with floral binding would be perfect!

oksewnsew, I like that better. Very nice!
    jaba, really like your purple and butterflies! Agree lavender border and floral would be pretty.
    Lynda Rae

"One who makes no mistakes -- never makes anything!" Author Unknown

It's going to be a week or two (maybe 3) before I can get back to working on mine.
    Have to get some Christmas gifts done, especially the ones I need to get mailed.
    We have a birthday party on Dec 8th for 3 of the grandkids and then a ballet performance on Dec 15th to go to.
    Don't know when I'm going to find time to get everything done. Did get the tree and decorations done yesterday but haven't started on the cookies and other baking yet.
    I love all the quilts that have been posted so far and can't wait to finish mine.

Blog Entries
    Oksewnsew, I like the corrected version, but actually like the first version better. When I start putting my blocks together, I am going to try putting them together both ways and see which I like better. I have the last strips partially cut. Just need some time to put the blocks together.

Thanks Judy, I've enjoyed this ride. I just stowed away occasionally on the others, but did not sew along.

Jaba, I love what you did with your lavender blocks.
    http://s1212.photobucket.com/user/bibliostone/library/
    Never regret. If it's good, it's wonderful. If it's bad, it's experience.
    -- Eleanor Hibbert,
    British author

Hi FIVE JABA that is perfect! oh so much much better in fact its like you had thought of it all along. Bet you can do something similar with your other one. Oh oh such good ideas here. Grammamary you havent baked cookies yet? OMG you sew sew sew, ballet (what fun) and put up decorations and woe is the woman who hasnt baked her cookies yet. Sigh. tough tough tough. I need 1/2 your energy! I could do oh so much. like not nap 4 hours every day. sheesh. cookies are sorta backburnered here. No kids yet so closer to when they arrive will come out the baking fairy. Steve would EAT every single one if I dont last minute those. Besides.. no time I have 'things' to do lol. I have to say I started singing a Christmas carol We Wish You a Merry Christmas, in the van yesterday with my driver. She started humming it and pretty soon here are two women in the fifties singing this song like we could sing which oh boy we can not and smiling while we did it. She looked at me after and said YOUR NUTS do you know that? I smiled and thought well who was singing with me??? lol life is good. oh better go put on some ornaments the fire is just catching and boy I love that smell .. going to go with it. Besides my hallmark movie A Christmas Carol! just finished. And I am out of songs right now lucky lucky everyone.
    Linda
    Here today... why what a lucky bunch we are.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jaba View Post
    This is what I ended up doing with the lavender and white one. Just have to decide if I should put another border on. Seems like it needs 1 more so am looking at adding the lavender and then binding with the floral. What do you think? Part of Christmas for great grand baby.Name:  DSCF0979.JPG
Views: 356
Size:  1.22 MB
    WOW, what a difference it made changing your blocks to a matching nine patch. I LOVE IT!! Mind if I might use your idea on mine? My color's are the same as yours & i really like the look. Thank you for sharing with all of us today!!
    If you see someone without a SMILE, please give them one of yours!!

Page 50 of 63 FirstFirst ... 40 49 50 51 60 ... LastLast