Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
March 1 2011 "Houses" BOM Discussions and Directions >

March 1 2011 "Houses" BOM Discussions and Directions

March 1 2011 "Houses" BOM Discussions and Directions

Old 03-07-2011, 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by mimiknoxtaylor
Got my old red barn constructed. I did learn I should never, never PP when tired. Noticed the next morning the silo has some lopsided shingles. Used the seam ripper enough on this so it'll have to stay. I'll just have fun with it.
Your Red Barn couldn't have turned out any nicer!! :thumbup: You have done a great job making it & I wouldn't even worry about about few crooked shingle's. That makes your barn more unique!!
:D :D :D :D
Old 03-08-2011, 12:52 PM

Just came back from fabric store with my barn supplies! All ready to get to work - instead of wood, saw, hammer and nails, it's fabric, scissors, pins and thread. Hoping there is no redo during the process and thankful there is no deadline. I really have been enjoying these BOMs. :D
Old 06-01-2011, 11:59 AM

You are a genius. It worked!! Thanks, thanks and thanks.
Originally Posted by hobbykat1955
Originally Posted by Yooper32
Might be easier if I could get all the pieces printed off, unfortunately, no matter how many settings I change, I can't get part of two, one on each page. And Incidentally, wouldn't you know, yesterday, I put a very small red barn at the very back on the left side of the grass area, hoping it would show it as being on the "back 40". So, where am I going to put this barn now???
That is assuming I can find a way to get those 3 missing pieces printed off.
Try this though I'm sure all computers and printers are diff but I did "print preview"...Then I adjusted to 100% not shrink to fit...Then on my screen right above the template on the top,bottom and sides I noticed arrows...If you move those it moves the margins...WA LA I got what I needed that was cut off. Hope this works on your end...
Old 06-10-2011, 09:42 PM

Here's my barn - with working doors. When I don't have the fabric I want, I just find some clip art that will work, and print it on fabric - thus the animals in the barn.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-209773.jpe  
Old 06-10-2011, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by B Jane
Here's my barn - with working doors. When I don't have the fabric I want, I just find some clip art that will work, and print it on fabric - thus the animals in the barn.
Wow!! :thumbup: Aren't you the clever one? Your Barn turned really great & I love the clip art animals in the door way. Very nice job.
:D :D :D :D
Old 06-11-2011, 05:46 AM

I like the working doors, great idea! And using clipart is genius. Do you copy it on any fabric, or do you use the special kind?
Old 06-11-2011, 09:21 AM

Well, aren't you the clever one!!!?? :thumbup: :thumbup: I LOVE that idea!!!!!!! :-D :-D