Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Mystery quilt train ride #6 - welcome aboard >

Mystery quilt train ride #6 - welcome aboard

Mystery quilt train ride #6 - welcome aboard

Old 02-12-2014, 07:04 AM

reading about the flights being cancelled because of the weather on east coast of U.S.A. and 'oh,no' Amtrak canceled trains!!!! Oh,my...well our train is not Amtrak, is it ???? NO,no the Mystery train will keep on rolling, right Judy ?
Old 02-12-2014, 07:09 AM

Welcome aboard Homeschool Mom ...... so you are all ready for Friday!

have some goodies from the dining car and we can sit here trying to guess what the next step is (like that ever worked)
Old 02-12-2014, 07:20 AM

Of course, mimi, and yes the ladies will love them. And they are so fun to make.

FYI -- this train will plow on through any kind of crud Father Nature can throw our way. We outfitted the train with a special Snowplow on Steroids, nothing will stop us.

I'm really hoping this will be a surprise, I know I've surprised many of you on my previous mysteries, but this one won't really be a really big surprise until the last clues. Hee hee. Half of the fun for me is seeing how some of you put things together in a guess at where we are going to end up. I really love doing these mystery quilts.

Last edited by paintmejudy; 02-12-2014 at 07:27 AM.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:25 AM

Judy: Now your just tormenting the quilters. I have it on good authority Gram is being very patient, so as they say at the Zoo don't tap the glass.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by coopah View Post
Sulabug, you inspired me! I was rummaging through UFOs, partially finished projects, and when I read your entry, the lightbulb went on! YAY! I have some pretty bright florals left from a long ago block of the month project. I'm usually a pastel girl. Anyway, I did get 52 pieces cut and now will go on to stitch the strips. Hope you don't mind me copying, but these were scraps and now they won't be! I was ready to leave the train. Thanks! Love this group!!
coopah............Welcome aboard the FLORAL train ride!! I am so anxious to see your floral blocks that you have already cut out. I am so glad that I was able to give you some inspiration. This train ride is going to be so much fun. See you all soon on this thread!!
Old 02-12-2014, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by coopah View Post
OK. They are done...minus two. One was cut wrong and the other is a single rose that will be cut when I can tell which direction it should go. No idea what I'll use for the other fabric. OKsewnsew, you can hit me with a wet noodle now that I'm out of the sewing car. First, I take your idea for florals, then I didn't give you credit. [ATTACH=CONFIG]461773[/ATTACH] Sorry it's sideways. The picture is as goofy as I am!!
coopah..............I am overwhelmed with the beautiful floral blocks you have shared with all of us!! I think you & I should have gotten together & shared flora'ls between us!! Absolutely Gorgeous, thank you for sharing.
Old 02-12-2014, 02:27 PM

Emma, I thought the rule was, if the glass is clean I can tap on it and go nanner nanner

I agree with Cheryl, the florals we have seen are gorgeous.
Old 02-12-2014, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by paulswalia View Post
well, I certainly learned to read directions thrice, measure twice and then cut once. I am now the proud owner of 52 cut pieces that are 3.0 by 4.5. Oh well, maybe a border. After that false start, I finished my first step and here they are: (Oh, I think I'm using that red hot chilli pepper fabric for my "B").

love the colours you picked out
Old 02-12-2014, 06:06 PM

Default Fabrics for mystery quilt 6

Well I got my squares sewn and managed to get a pic before the batteries died in the camera. My scraps are special since they all come from a box of scraps given to me after a dear friend passed so this is my memory quilt for her and the fun times we had working at the SW WA Fair, as well as quilt guild.
Attached Thumbnails mystery-6.jpg  
Old 02-12-2014, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by Wavewatcher View Post
I will join everyone in our "patient" waiting for Friday and Judy's next clue. Here are my blocks. There are a few extra so I can dismiss "that one that just does do it." Nose to the window...waiting for signs of the next clue.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]461727[/ATTACH]
I just love your fabrics it will be fun to see how yours turns out.