Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 394

Thread: New Baltimore Album Quilt starts today

  1. #26
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    in retirement
    Posts
    1,513
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by winter012
    Now I KNOW this is beyond my capabilities. Also, I don't have EQ....
    Here is a link to a pdf pattern, tape it together on the dashed lines, trace the motifs on template plastic or freezer paper, I traced 1 of each flower, leaf, berries, etc. to be sure they were the same size. Then use the template to trace on the fabric.

    In the instructions use the bias stems, it's easier.

    Good luck, give it a try, maybe you'll enjoy it, it can be relaxing, and you can pick it up and put it down anytime, I sometimes work for 15 minutes at a time, put it down, and when you go back to it, you know exactly where you are!

    http://static.quiltingboard.com/uplo...erndistasi.pdf


    :D

  2. #27
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    in retirement
    Posts
    1,513
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltingCompanion
    Thank you so much for giving us some enthusiasm to try new techniques. Looking forward to the challenge.


    :P :P

  3. #28
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    in retirement
    Posts
    1,513
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by julybaby8
    Are there templates? I'm having trouble getting the pattern.
    I don't have EQ.
    Thanks.
    OOps. Just saw a download near the picture.
    Use the master pattern to trace the templates.

    :thumbup:

  4. #29
    Junior Member BZ quilting's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    249
    My pdf does not work, hope you will continue in EQ also.

    Thanks so much, love the pattern.

  5. #30
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    in retirement
    Posts
    1,513
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanniebelle
    I have always wanted to do a Baltimore Album quilt but have been afraid be cause I have never done applique. Where did you find the fabric? Could I use any fabric of my own choosing? The closest place for fabric is at our local Walmart. I live in a small town in southwest Arkansas and would have to travel about 90 miles to find a regular fabric store. Thanks for your help. Jeanniebelle
    I buy most of my fabric online, I also do not have a close shop, go to http://www.quiltshops.com/, there are all kinds of shops there.

    You can use whatever fabric you like, personalize the quilt, don't feel you must copy my choices, I only posted them to help everyone as a suggestion. I happen to like batiks in this quilt type because the batik gives movement and automatic shading.



    :D

  6. #31
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    in retirement
    Posts
    1,513
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by BZ quilting
    My pdf does not work, hope you will continue in EQ also.

    Thanks so much, love the pattern.
    Do you mean it would not open or your computer didn't have adobe to open it. If you need the pattern, I can try to email it to you. Send me a PM with your email.

    :thumbup:

  7. #32
    Senior Member capucine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ulladulla, Australia
    Posts
    592
    Blog Entries
    2
    I tried to open it wouldn't on mine either i copied and paste the instruction:( i have bookmark for my next project as i am doing the pinwheel at the moment. I hope you don't mind if i keep the pattern for next time!

  8. #33
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,132
    I'm new to the forum and I am not really sure how this BOM works...could you give me a quick overview??? I would really like to try and make this quilt, it is just so pretty...

  9. #34
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    in retirement
    Posts
    1,513
    Blog Entries
    3
    I
    Quote Originally Posted by labtechkty
    I'm new to the forum and I am not really sure how this BOM works...could you give me a quick overview??? I would really like to try and make this quilt, it is just so pretty...
    Each month on the 8th I will post the instructions for the next block, bookmark the page, on the top left and it will be easier to call up, you'll want to check back often as everyone begins to post pictures of their blocks. It's fun to follow everone's progress. Thanks for your nice comments.
    :D

  10. #35
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    in retirement
    Posts
    1,513
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by capucine
    I tried to open it wouldn't on mine either i copied and paste the instruction:( i have bookmark for my next project as i am doing the pinwheel at the moment. I hope you don't mind if i keep the pattern for next time!
    work at your own pace just enjoy

  11. #36
    Senior Member capucine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Ulladulla, Australia
    Posts
    592
    Blog Entries
    2
    I sure will i love doing applique hand quilting is very relaxing for me :)Thank you for your time and effort in sharing with us.

  12. #37
    Super Member deranged_damsel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Right Here
    Posts
    1,336
    the download worked fine for me.

    some may have to update their adobe pdf reader to download and open the file.

  13. #38
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1,132
    You are so welcome and thank you for giving me the chance to make the quilt with instruction...I look forward to seeing how everyone does....:)

  14. #39

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    37
    AWESOME ... I am just finishing up on Kim McLeans Album quilt, so your pattern came along just in time . Thank you for sharing. Your fabric selections are beautiful! I am curious tho , can we chose our own colorway ? I know, I am a thorn among roses, but I like to "do my own thing".
    Thanks again, I love the pattern

  15. #40
    Super Member BonniFeltz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dekalb, IL
    Posts
    1,874
    Went to JoAnne's to get my fabric. They had Keepsake Calico's on sale for 30% off so went with those. We only have one quilt shop and I'm not impressed with it (actually avoid it if possible) so usually have to go to JoAnnes or out of town. The white fabric will be the neutral color. I also received today in the mail EQ7 so I will be having so much to learn! :)
    Attached Images Attached Images

  16. #41
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    in retirement
    Posts
    1,513
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by simbasue22
    AWESOME ... I am just finishing up on Kim McLeans Album quilt, so your pattern came along just in time . Thank you for sharing. Your fabric selections are beautiful! I am curious tho , can we chose our own colorway ? I know, I am a thorn among roses, but I like to "do my own thing".
    Thanks again, I love the pattern
    absolutely, I never go by a pattern, make it in your color choices or fabrics.

    :lol:

  17. #42
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    in retirement
    Posts
    1,513
    Blog Entries
    3
    Bonni, looks great, can't wait to see what you create. :thumbup:

  18. #43
    Super Member jljack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    North Carolina - But otherwise, NOTW
    Posts
    8,073
    Blog Entries
    9
    I'm going to do this machine applique. I ordered my batiks from Connecting Threads today. I think this is going to be fun. I'm keeping it a secret from my quilting friends at home until I am well into it. Then maybe I'll share!! :-)

    Thanks, Peg, for doing this. I know it's going to be a lot of work for you. :thumbup: :thumbup: :D

  19. #44
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    in retirement
    Posts
    1,513
    Blog Entries
    3
    I love the fellowship, that's what quilting is all about. :P

  20. #45
    Super Member BonniFeltz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dekalb, IL
    Posts
    1,874
    Oh I'm excited. I managed to download and with only minimal problems, activate my EQ7. Then i went and downloaded the eq version of the January block. Don't know how to do anything else right now but at least I must have done something right! YAY!

  21. #46

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    22
    This looks awesome! But I am too chicken out to try....not sure.... need to think if I can achieve this....

    and yes..batiks would be lovely for this....

    Leena

  22. #47
    Super Member BonniFeltz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dekalb, IL
    Posts
    1,874
    Quote Originally Posted by hmseen
    This looks awesome! But I am too chicken out to try....not sure.... need to think if I can achieve this....

    and yes..batiks would be lovely for this....

    Leena
    You can do it Leena. If *I* can attempt it you can too. I know that it looks scary but don't look at the big picture. Only look at one block. The flowers and leaves for the center block aren't that bad. Relatively big and you only need to learn how to do a couple of different shapes. Post your concerns here, we're on your side and will try to help out.

    I know ahead of time that my circles won't always be circular and my points will take awhile to get down. I also know that the only way I can get better is to practice and this group is a great group to admit to and share both accomplishments as well as failures. I will be posting my failures also. :)

  23. #48

    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    22
    Quote Originally Posted by BonniFeltz

    You can do it Leena. If *I* can attempt it you can too. I know that it looks scary but don't look at the big picture. Only look at one block. The flowers and leaves for the center block aren't that bad. Relatively big and you only need to learn how to do a couple of different shapes. Post your concerns here, we're on your side and will try to help out.

    I know ahead of time that my circles won't always be circular and my points will take awhile to get down. I also know that the only way I can get better is to practice and this group is a great group to admit to and share both accomplishments as well as failures. I will be posting my failures also. :)
    Thanks for the encouragement Bonnie. The reason why I am so scared is because this would be my first attempt at applique and I am just a novice....I really love the results of appliques - they are so rewarding when finished....that I know even if I have not done one YET...hehehehehehe

    Should I do this...I would need to dig my fabrics and batik is not in my stash...big haha and uh oh moment there will be....

    Leena

  24. #49
    Super Member BonniFeltz's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Dekalb, IL
    Posts
    1,874
    Quote Originally Posted by hmseen
    Quote Originally Posted by BonniFeltz

    You can do it Leena. If *I* can attempt it you can too. I know that it looks scary but don't look at the big picture. Only look at one block. The flowers and leaves for the center block aren't that bad. Relatively big and you only need to learn how to do a couple of different shapes. Post your concerns here, we're on your side and will try to help out.

    I know ahead of time that my circles won't always be circular and my points will take awhile to get down. I also know that the only way I can get better is to practice and this group is a great group to admit to and share both accomplishments as well as failures. I will be posting my failures also. :)
    Thanks for the encouragement Bonnie. The reason why I am so scared is because this would be my first attempt at applique and I am just a novice....I really love the results of appliques - they are so rewarding when finished....that I know even if I have not done one YET...hehehehehehe

    Should I do this...I would need to dig my fabrics and batik is not in my stash...big haha and uh oh moment there will be....

    Leena
    So just do one block at first or two. DOn't need to do the whole thing if you dind't want to. So don't use batiks if you don't have any in your stash. Applique isn't tooo hard. It looks scarier than it is and there are lots of different techniques to choose from.

  25. #50
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    in retirement
    Posts
    1,513
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by BonniFeltz
    Quote Originally Posted by hmseen
    This looks awesome! But I am too chicken out to try....not sure.... need to think if I can achieve this....

    and yes..batiks would be lovely for this....

    Leena
    You can do it Leena. If *I* can attempt it you can too. I know that it looks scary but don't look at the big picture. Only look at one block. The flowers and leaves for the center block aren't that bad. Relatively big and you only need to learn how to do a couple of different shapes. Post your concerns here, we're on your side and will try to help out.

    I know ahead of time that my circles won't always be circular and my points will take awhile to get down. I also know that the only way I can get better is to practice and this group is a great group to admit to and share both accomplishments as well as failures. I will be posting my failures also. :)
    Love it Bonni, that a girl, you're so right, practice, practice, practice! And when you get better, why can't you redo a block if your not happy with it. Make a pillow to match the quilt from the discarded block.

    Try my suggestion about using the hole replacement circles to keep your circles circular, it works. If you don't have any, trace the circle on a self adhesive label and use that. When you have the edge to turn against it really helps, remember to trim to 1/16" and clip the curve, and take very small stitches.

    Tomorrow I am posting my finished block and I will take a close up of my circles so you can see how circular they do look.

    I chose the center block to start because the pieces are big and would give everyone something relatively easy to get their feet wet!

    :lol: :lol:

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.