Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Thread: New Baltimore Album Quilt starts today

Blog Entries
    hmseen, I'm with Bonnie, give it a try. Start with one block and see how it goes, and don't feel you have to use batiks, use what's in your stash, as long as the fabrics blend together, it will work.

Quote Originally Posted by gal288
    hmseen, I'm with Bonnie, give it a try. Start with one block and see how it goes, and don't feel you have to use batiks, use what's in your stash, as long as the fabrics blend together, it will work.
    You could always just make it a scrappy quilt. The flowers can be different colors for instance as well as the buds/berries. No two leaves are exactly alike so don't make them alike. Remember that also when your leaves, if they are like mine, don't always come out the same way twice. :)

Thank you - thank you ever so much.....this lone quilter in Aussie land has been wanting this for yonks....its what I call the gem of all quilts - have knocked my brains out in trying to get it......you are blessed for this a thousand times over & more

Quote Originally Posted by moggie
    Thank you - thank you ever so much.....this lone quilter in Aussie land has been wanting this for yonks....its what I call the gem of all quilts - have knocked my brains out in trying to get it......you are blessed for this a thousand times over & more
    Gotta love the Aussies! I have a couple of Aussie friends but yonks is a new one one me. :)

Blog Entries
    Glad to hear you're so excited. Can't wait to see your block, be sure to post it.

Have fun and the blessing come back to you.

:thumbup:

yonks...that is so cute!

Hi Peg

Thanks for the encouragement again. This is a great group...always giving encouragement to beginners like me to dunk my head into the water.... I will check out my stash tonight and see what I've got.

Leena

Blog Entries
    :thumbup: :thumbup: That a girl!

Quote Originally Posted by BonniFeltz

You could always just make it a scrappy quilt. The flowers can be different colors for instance as well as the buds/berries. No two leaves are exactly alike so don't make them alike. Remember that also when your leaves, if they are like mine, don't always come out the same way twice. :)
    Thanks for the tips Bonni....That is a great idea on scrappy quilt... Tonite I will check my stash...and see what's hiding there and can be used....:)

Leena

I have EQ6 on my computer but am just learning to use it. How do I get the pattern for this BOM using EQ6? Thanks.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ozarkmama
    I have EQ6 on my computer but am just learning to use it. How do I get the pattern for this BOM using EQ6? Thanks.
    On the first page, right after the fabric photos, there is a download for EQ, click and it will automatically open in EQ. Then save it in the program.

oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, now I get to learn new software and a new quilting technique. Lots to expect out of my 76 year old brain. But, here goes anyway. thanks so much for your help!

Blog Entries
    :lol:

Peg, what kind of hoop do you use to do needle turn???? I have a small embroidery hoop but thinking of getting a bigger one. what do you suggest???

Blog Entries
    This is awesome! I simply can't start it right now, but I'm for sure saving the patterns and will start it asap!!

Such a pretty quilt, thank you so much!

Uh...to those that find the word "Yonk's new....well as Aussie's are the ones that tend to abreviate all their words...then thats just "Years"...& the for giving us the Baltimore Pattern....well the lady should be now named the "Baltimore Quilt Queen"...she deserves it

I have always admired the Baltimore style quilts but have been too overwhelmed by them to even attempt one. Thank you for all your work and encouragement, I am going to try to make this ... sounds like others are nervous but are willing to give it a try. So I'm off to get my materials!! I look forward to the challenge!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by deranged_damsel
    Peg, what kind of hoop do you use to do needle turn???? I have a small embroidery hoop but thinking of getting a bigger one. what do you suggest???
    I. Do not use a hoop, just freehand

Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone, I have enjoyed putting this together. I remember more than 25years ago when I took my 1st. Applique class, I was so overwhelmed, sure I couldn't do It! But, once I started, I found a new love, and with each block became better & more proficent. I wish that for all who attempt this quilt.

Blog Entries
    I love the fellowship, that's what quilting is all about. :P
    Peg thats exactly why I still belong to this message board and have always managed to come here at least a couple times a week to see old pals. Thanks again.

Blog Entries
    oh boy, oh boy, oh boy, now I get to learn new software and a new quilting technique. Lots to expect out of my 76 year old brain. But, here goes anyway. thanks so much for your help!
    Ok I read your post and thought "no way would I want to learn new software & a new quilting technique" then I read your age you so bravely posted....you my dear are a true inspiration...reach in my computer & slap me when I start complaining would ya..lol

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by craftiladi
    Ok I read your post and thought "no way would I want to learn new software & a new quilting technique" then I read your age you so bravely posted....you my dear are a true inspiration...reach in my computer & slap me when I start complaining would ya..lol
    My sentiments too, I hope I have your spirit when I grow up! :-D

Quilt looks great... what do you mean by hole replacement circles?

i want to thank you for posting this quilt when i was younger my grandmother was making one and i fell in love with it. i have always wanted to find patterns for the quilt as so i could make myself one . thank you again and i love how you are posting everything step by step this way i should have no problems with trying this

Blog Entries
    I'm so excited to get my fabrics so I can start this. When I started quilting I saw a beautiful Baltimore style quilt that our guild ladies did for the opportunity quilt, and I thought "I will NEVER be able to do something like that". But if I do machine applique I should be fine and get through this.

Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast