Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
New Baltimore Album Quilt starts today >

New Baltimore Album Quilt starts today

New Baltimore Album Quilt starts today

Old 02-09-2011, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by simbasue22
AWESOME ... I am just finishing up on Kim McLeans Album quilt, so your pattern came along just in time . Thank you for sharing. Your fabric selections are beautiful! I am curious tho , can we chose our own colorway ? I know, I am a thorn among roses, but I like to "do my own thing".
Thanks again, I love the pattern
absolutely, I never go by a pattern, make it in your color choices or fabrics.

:lol:
Old 02-09-2011, 04:34 PM

Bonni, looks great, can't wait to see what you create. :thumbup:
Old 02-09-2011, 04:41 PM

I'm going to do this machine applique. I ordered my batiks from Connecting Threads today. I think this is going to be fun. I'm keeping it a secret from my quilting friends at home until I am well into it. Then maybe I'll share!! :-)

Thanks, Peg, for doing this. I know it's going to be a lot of work for you. :thumbup: :thumbup: :D
Old 02-09-2011, 04:57 PM

I love the fellowship, that's what quilting is all about. :P
Old 02-09-2011, 05:20 PM

Oh I'm excited. I managed to download and with only minimal problems, activate my EQ7. Then i went and downloaded the eq version of the January block. Don't know how to do anything else right now but at least I must have done something right! YAY!
Old 02-09-2011, 05:21 PM

This looks awesome! But I am too chicken out to try....not sure.... need to think if I can achieve this....

and yes..batiks would be lovely for this....

Leena
Old 02-09-2011, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by hmseen
This looks awesome! But I am too chicken out to try....not sure.... need to think if I can achieve this....

Leena
You can do it Leena. If *I* can attempt it you can too. I know that it looks scary but don't look at the big picture. Only look at one block. The flowers and leaves for the center block aren't that bad. Relatively big and you only need to learn how to do a couple of different shapes. Post your concerns here, we're on your side and will try to help out.

I know ahead of time that my circles won't always be circular and my points will take awhile to get down. I also know that the only way I can get better is to practice and this group is a great group to admit to and share both accomplishments as well as failures. I will be posting my failures also. :)
Old 02-09-2011, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by BonniFeltz

You can do it Leena. If *I* can attempt it you can too. I know that it looks scary but don't look at the big picture. Only look at one block. The flowers and leaves for the center block aren't that bad. Relatively big and you only need to learn how to do a couple of different shapes. Post your concerns here, we're on your side and will try to help out.

I know ahead of time that my circles won't always be circular and my points will take awhile to get down. I also know that the only way I can get better is to practice and this group is a great group to admit to and share both accomplishments as well as failures. I will be posting my failures also. :)
Thanks for the encouragement Bonnie. The reason why I am so scared is because this would be my first attempt at applique and I am just a novice....I really love the results of appliques - they are so rewarding when finished....that I know even if I have not done one YET...hehehehehehe

Should I do this...I would need to dig my fabrics and batik is not in my stash...big haha and uh oh moment there will be....

Leena
Old 02-09-2011, 05:34 PM

Thanks for the encouragement Bonnie. The reason why I am so scared is because this would be my first attempt at applique and I am just a novice....I really love the results of appliques - they are so rewarding when finished....that I know even if I have not done one YET...hehehehehehe

Should I do this...I would need to dig my fabrics and batik is not in my stash...big haha and uh oh moment there will be....

Leena
So just do one block at first or two. DOn't need to do the whole thing if you dind't want to. So don't use batiks if you don't have any in your stash. Applique isn't tooo hard. It looks scarier than it is and there are lots of different techniques to choose from.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:34 PM

Leena

Love it Bonni, that a girl, you're so right, practice, practice, practice! And when you get better, why can't you redo a block if your not happy with it. Make a pillow to match the quilt from the discarded block.

Try my suggestion about using the hole replacement circles to keep your circles circular, it works. If you don't have any, trace the circle on a self adhesive label and use that. When you have the edge to turn against it really helps, remember to trim to 1/16" and clip the curve, and take very small stitches.

Tomorrow I am posting my finished block and I will take a close up of my circles so you can see how circular they do look.

I chose the center block to start because the pieces are big and would give everyone something relatively easy to get their feet wet!

:lol: :lol: