Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
New Baltimore Album Quilt starts today >

New Baltimore Album Quilt starts today

New Baltimore Album Quilt starts today

Old 02-09-2011, 05:37 PM

hmseen, I'm with Bonnie, give it a try. Start with one block and see how it goes, and don't feel you have to use batiks, use what's in your stash, as long as the fabrics blend together, it will work.
Old 02-09-2011, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by gal288
hmseen, I'm with Bonnie, give it a try. Start with one block and see how it goes, and don't feel you have to use batiks, use what's in your stash, as long as the fabrics blend together, it will work.
You could always just make it a scrappy quilt. The flowers can be different colors for instance as well as the buds/berries. No two leaves are exactly alike so don't make them alike. Remember that also when your leaves, if they are like mine, don't always come out the same way twice. :)
Old 02-09-2011, 05:45 PM

Thank you - thank you ever so much.....this lone quilter in Aussie land has been wanting this for yonks....its what I call the gem of all quilts - have knocked my brains out in trying to get it......you are blessed for this a thousand times over & more
Old 02-09-2011, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by moggie
Thank you - thank you ever so much.....this lone quilter in Aussie land has been wanting this for yonks....its what I call the gem of all quilts - have knocked my brains out in trying to get it......you are blessed for this a thousand times over & more
Gotta love the Aussies! I have a couple of Aussie friends but yonks is a new one one me. :)
Old 02-09-2011, 05:56 PM

Glad to hear you're so excited. Can't wait to see your block, be sure to post it.

Have fun and the blessing come back to you.

:thumbup:
Old 02-09-2011, 06:01 PM

yonks...that is so cute!
Old 02-09-2011, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by gal288
Hi Peg

Thanks for the encouragement again. This is a great group...always giving encouragement to beginners like me to dunk my head into the water.... I will check out my stash tonight and see what I've got.

Leena
Old 02-09-2011, 06:04 PM

:thumbup: :thumbup: That a girl!
Old 02-09-2011, 06:05 PM

Originally Posted by BonniFeltz

You could always just make it a scrappy quilt. The flowers can be different colors for instance as well as the buds/berries. No two leaves are exactly alike so don't make them alike. Remember that also when your leaves, if they are like mine, don't always come out the same way twice. :)
Thanks for the tips Bonni....That is a great idea on scrappy quilt... Tonite I will check my stash...and see what's hiding there and can be used....:)

Leena
Old 02-09-2011, 06:08 PM

I have EQ6 on my computer but am just learning to use it. How do I get the pattern for this BOM using EQ6? Thanks.