Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
New Baltimore Album Quilt starts today >

New Baltimore Album Quilt starts today

New Baltimore Album Quilt starts today

Old 02-10-2011, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by luvrazz
Quilt looks great... what do you mean by hole replacement circles?
Purchase them a Staples, 1 pack will last you a lifetime, they are usually used to reinforce loose leaf pages.

Put the circle on the wrong side of the fabric, it will stick, then place the fabric on the background, pin through the small hole in the center to keep it in place.

Clip every 1/8" around the circle to within 2 or 3 threads of the paper and you will find that it turns under easily. Take very fine and close stitches around and you will have a perfect circle.

You can stuff the berries if you want dimension, simply cut a piece of batting, smaller than the circle size and put it under the motif and then stitch.

Hope this helps

reinforcement circles
[ATTACH=CONFIG]125003[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-124998.jpe  
Old 02-10-2011, 04:12 PM

I love the batiks too! I'm all set to and ready to go on the first block. 60" is the perfect size.

Helen
Old 02-10-2011, 04:18 PM

:lol: :thumbup:
Old 02-10-2011, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by the real misfit
i want to thank you for posting this quilt when i was younger my grandmother was making one and i fell in love with it. i have always wanted to find patterns for the quilt as so i could make myself one . thank you again and i love how you are posting everything step by step this way i should have no problems with trying this

:D
Old 02-10-2011, 05:22 PM

Hi Peg

You know me...am a newbie with applique...and I have tried machine applique with sunbonnet sue...my first block....well that is not my question... I might just do this quilt using machine applique...the idea black buttonhole throught....I am sorry...I am not really sure what this is.....

my actual question is: when you cut fabric for the stems/vines do I trace the stems on the fabric and cut accordingly or can I just cut it straight WOF/length and bend it accordingly to the stems outlines and stitch it?

sorry if this sounds as a silly question.

Leena
Old 02-10-2011, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by hmseen
Hi Peg

You know me...am a newbie with applique...and I have tried machine applique with sunbonnet sue...my first block....well that is not my question... I might just do this quilt using machine applique...the idea black buttonhole throught....I am sorry...I am not really sure what this is.....

my actual question is: when you cut fabric for the stems/vines do I trace the stems on the fabric and cut accordingly or can I just cut it straight WOF/length and bend it accordingly to the stems outlines and stitch it?

sorry if this sounds as a silly question.

Leena
Leena, you can't just cut it straight w/o/f because it will not curve, I suggest you make the bias stems I detailed in the instructions. Bias will curve, here is a link to a video as to how to make it.

http://www.colettepatterns.com/blog/...make-bias-tape
Old 02-11-2011, 09:59 AM

I just came across this and I want to join in the fun - I have done several applique quilts, but never a baltimore album - this is going to be fun!!!
Old 02-11-2011, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by ruthruff3
I just came across this and I want to join in the fun - I have done several applique quilts, but never a baltimore album - this is going to be fun!!!
Welcome,have fun

:lol:
Old 02-11-2011, 10:31 AM

Peg thanks so much for the link...you are a wonderful teacher, so patient with all our newbie questions.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:38 AM

Just printed out the first block. It looks like it will really be pretty. I have lots of fat quarters in batiks but will need to get background fabric. Will the 4 yards allow for mistakes or should I buy some extra for "just in case"?