Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
NEW! BOM with Quilt Story Quilt-Along >

NEW! BOM with Quilt Story Quilt-Along

NEW! BOM with Quilt Story Quilt-Along

Old 02-28-2012, 04:58 PM

Here is the list of the monthly block. March is a nine patch of your choice. Or at least that is my thoughts! But I have been know to be wrong more than once in my 50+ years!
http://www.quiltstory.blogspot.com/s...&max-results=7

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-03-2013 at 04:40 AM. Reason: replace copyright image with link
Old 02-28-2012, 05:19 PM

I thought we would be assigned a pattern to make or given a choice of a couple. Oh well, there are hundreds of 9 patch blocks to make, so guess I'll have to pick out the one I want to do. See you starting on Monday the 5th.
Old 02-28-2012, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by gypsylady5 View Post
I thought we would be assigned a pattern to make or given a choice of a couple. Oh well, there are hundreds of 9 patch blocks to make, so guess I'll have to pick out the one I want to do. See you starting on Monday the 5th.
I sent a message to Heather and Megan over at Quilt Story to get some clarification as to whether we are to start a "nine patch" block of our choice or wait till the first Monday of March. I, too, thought they would be giving us a block or variation of a "nine patch" for us to do.

Here's their response:
"YES you can start working on it NOW. If you need clarification re-read the first post (linked in this one or on the side bar) and I think it will make more sense. This isn't the typical BOM."

So I guess on the first Monday of March we'll add pictures of our blocks to their flickr page and here.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:02 PM

Well I was wrong!! I got my E-mail from Quilt Story this morning. They said that they will start posting pictures on Mon the 5th. We don't have to have our blocks done by then though. We have all of March to post pictures. Heather is doing Farm Friendliness on pg 104 & Megan is doing Split Nine Patch on pg 233. I haven't decided on which 9 patch I'm gonna do!
Old 02-28-2012, 06:24 PM

Ok, I guess I don't get it. I thought we didn't have to have the book to do this. We just pick any block?
Old 02-28-2012, 06:54 PM

Here is the fabric I'll be using for this quilt. I won it last year on another site. It should make a nice quilt.

I decided to do the "Split Nine Patch". I completed my block today so will post a picture on March 5th or do we post them here too? So I guess I'll look for the April block: HST. There are too many choices in the book.

I'm also doing 2 BOM at my LQS, a PP BOM - Compass Collection, and a weekly PP 50 Star Blocks. I love PP, it is so addictive! I'm retired and enjoy the time to work on the things I love to do.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]316219[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dsc00716.jpg  
Old 02-28-2012, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by PokerDiva View Post
Ok, I guess I don't get it. I thought we didn't have to have the book to do this. We just pick any block?
Yes, pick a block that fits with this months theme! March - 9 patch.
I just decided to do Calico Puzzle.
Old 02-29-2012, 05:48 AM

Great fabric choices dublb and Patricia! I didn't know we have to decide ourselves what kind of 9 patch. I'm so glad I read this thread! Now I have to find a pattern I like!
Old 02-29-2012, 08:29 AM

Here are the fabrics I plan to use. I bought them at a quilt show just cause! They are a bit out of my norm whatever that really is, so it will be a bit more challenging for me on this. I have chosen the Ohio Star as my first block as it has always been my favorite. .... OR at least I think that is what I am doing!
I have a tendency to change my mind more often than not! lol
Attached Thumbnails quilt_story_fabrics1_.jpg   quilt_story_march_9patch.jpg  
Old 02-29-2012, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingKrazy View Post
I have chosen the Ohio Star as my first block as it has always been my favorite. ....
Hmmmmm! I've never thought of the Ohio Star as a "nine patch!!!" Thanks for this new addition to my thinking for this first block. Still need to pick my fabrics (from my stash--)maybe I will be able to later today. Love everyone else's fabric choices I've seen.