Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime >

A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime

A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime

Old 06-28-2012, 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by Everose View Post
Mathteacher - that is a WOW! Love the colors and they make the star pop. Glad you came along and what a wonderful memory you now have. Next time you will have to ride and chat with us.
Oh I agree! Of course, I love batiks anyway, but you did great!
Old 06-28-2012, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by coopah View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]344994[/ATTACH]The picture is sideways, and I don't know how to rotate it! Oh well, you get the idea. "Mr. Nobody" came by and swiped one of my piano key borders! That was a shocker, but wanted to get the top finished, as my UFOs are beyond count. So with a bit of ripping, this is how it turned out. Probably milder colors would have been good, but this will be a good snuggle quilt. Hope Judy is doing okay. Thanks to all the encouragers:urgodschild2, cindy 60545, and Jenniky. It's been fun!
Glad Mr. Nobody didnt stop you... LOL Your quilt top is beautiful. It does look like a wonderful snuggle quilt.
Old 06-28-2012, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by mathteacher View Post
I hope it's ok for someone who never actually boarded the mystery train to post my scrappy mystery quilt top. It was so much fun to follow along, and I finally decided by the third clue to try this mystery. I'm glad I found these batiks in my stash because they were miscut squares that would not have worked for much anything else. I saw someone else's post who must have also ended up with extra hst's and copied her idea to extend the length (thanks to whoever that was!). Thanks, Judy, for a great mystery project!
Im sure I saw you lurking on the observation deck Mathteacher. Im glad you jumped in and made this Mystery. It truly is my favorite. Im excited about working on mine again this weekend. Im just waiting on the batting I ordered and its ready to FMQ
Old 06-28-2012, 02:29 PM

Jenniky, just think of this while FMQing....that's the way uh hu I like it! uh hu uh hu! Now That I have that going thru your head, you can quilt! HEHEHEHEHE!!!
Old 06-28-2012, 02:30 PM

Oh! I just posted in Pictures the other Carpenter Star I did, the feather lesson! Go take a peek, but be kind, it's not that great!
Old 06-28-2012, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by Cindy60545 View Post
Jenniky, just think of this while FMQing....that's the way uh hu I like it! uh hu uh hu! Now That I have that going thru your head, you can quilt! HEHEHEHEHE!!!
Oh yeah.. good song to play while FMQing.. haha... Cindy
Old 06-28-2012, 03:17 PM

To the person who rotated my picture: THANKS! Now it shows correctly!
Mathteacher, your quilt is gorgeous, but come on and chat next trip...Judy thinks there may be one in mid-September when you'll be busier than a squirrel getting ready for winter. We like folks who chat about the mystery, even if they can't make the quilt right then.
To everyone who did get a top done, wow! They all look so good! I'd sure like to see some finished. So far, I'm a SIDer. Off to work on a double wedding ring...it's driving me ga ga! So I'll see you in September ( Beach Boys anyone?) if there's another mystery and IF I'm not all the way around the bend. Enjoy summer, everyone!
Old 06-28-2012, 03:37 PM

love the beach boys, but now have casey and the sunshine band running thru my head. thanks i spent the whole trip in the observation car, the seats are v-e-r-y comfortable! oh, and i snacked a lot, too! you may not have known it, but we had a margarita machine behind the last seat next to the men's room (no one seemed to go there! lol) fine times in the obs car!! will definitely make this quilt and will either go scrappy or batiks, i think. i will have batik scraps after i make my daughter's quilt. Yikes !! too many quilts, not enough time!!
Old 06-28-2012, 04:29 PM

So, if we did a siggy block swap for this group, how many would it take to make a quilt the same size as this one? Maybe we could all make an extra, and make Judy a quilt with them? Maybe do blocks bigger than 4.5 since we wouldnt' have as many people?
Old 06-28-2012, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Cindy60545 View Post
Oh! I just posted in Pictures the other Carpenter Star I did, the feather lesson! Go take a peek, but be kind, it's not that great!
Cindy............I just looked at your quilt top in the Picture section & it is absolutely gorgeous!! You have done an awesome job with your feather quilting. I just LOVE it. Thank you so much for sharing with all of us!! Now I want mine done that way!!