Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime >

A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime

A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime

Old 05-19-2012, 07:30 AM

Oh Bummer!! Just now I realized the next clue isn't until next Sat!!Yesterday and this morning, I totally thought the new clue was this morning. I was anxiously awaiting Judy's post. (Being retired it's hard to keep up on dates!) We have to wait another week?! I wanted to get cutting!
Old 05-19-2012, 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by VickiM View Post
I will be busy cutting the 80 5" charms, cuz I really am using batik scraps I inherited from a friend. ...
Are we supposed to cut 80 5" squares to start?? I didn't see this in the instructions! Can anyone clarify this?! Thanks.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:58 AM

no......no cutting yet................IMHO

what Judy said was you could use charm squares (to cut A & B pieces) if you had some leftovers from other projects and you are doing a scrappy version.........

what 'clue' i took from that is the 'A' and 'B' fabrics will be cut smaller than 5x5 IMHO

and IMHO it was never 80 ...... it was that one pack (40) would not be enough, Judy said thhat she was using the leftovers from two packs for one of the scrappy versions....

Disclaimer: this is all just 'In My Honest Opinion" so please, only trying to help

Last edited by SunlitenSmiles; 05-19-2012 at 08:04 AM.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles View Post
no......no cutting yet................IMHO

what Judy said was you could use charm squares (to cut A & B pieces) if you had some leftovers from other projects and you are doing a scrappy version.........

what 'clue' i took from that is the 'A' and 'B' fabrics will be cut smaller than 5x5 IMHO

and IMHO it was never 80 ...... it was that one pack (40) would not be enough, Judy said thhat she was using the leftovers from two packs for one of the scrappy versions....

Disclaimer: this is all just 'In My Honest Opinion" so please, only trying to help
OK thanks. Glad you spelled out IMHO too!! That's what I thought!
Old 05-19-2012, 11:34 AM

Hello all, See that we have some new passengers on the train.. I've been busy in the sewing car as usual trying to get WIPs finished so Im ready to move on to new projects. Im planning on joining Everose in the club car for a glass of wine this evening. Im thinking Sangria for me. Goes wonderful with the chips and guacamole and the tiny appetizer tamales. If anyone else wants to join us? .. don't hesitate to come on back and I heard the bartender was making non-alcoholic smoothies with fresh pineapple, strawberries and vanilla bean ice cream of course if you would like a 1/2 shot of smooth rum added you only need to ask. Have a wonderful Saturday all.
Old 05-19-2012, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by yayaquilts View Post
OK thanks. Glad you spelled out IMHO too!! That's what I thought!
I think I was the one that mentioned you would need two charm packs, if you were going to use them & mine have 40 5" squares in each pack. I sure hope I haven't confused anyone. So sorry & thank you SunlitenSmiles for clarifying that for everyone.
Old 05-19-2012, 12:30 PM

I so do not need another project. I think there are 9 projects already on my table right now....from fabric stacks to completed tops. I'm going to follow along though because you ladies are so much fun!
Old 05-19-2012, 03:18 PM

Nine is not an even number.....you really need ten.......and here is the plate of fresh baked cookies, have some and pass them around.

Hugs, Sulabug, Hugs
Old 05-19-2012, 03:42 PM

Thank all you ladies for being who you are!!! I needed you this afternoon and you were here. Yes, Jen, wine sounds wonderful. MAYBE A BIG GLASS.
Old 05-19-2012, 03:51 PM

This train schedule is perfect for me! I took Fri and Tues off from work for a loong weekend. (love my job but it sure interferes with my quilting!) My sewing/quilting room is at Camp so I can't even check out whats in my stash until I get there Thursday night.;-( The anticipation is killing me! I just want to get started! Patience is NOT one of my virtues but you all made me feel better...I only have 4 ongoing projects (not counting the fabric for the 3 quilts I bought bought on Mother's day complinents of DH--cash, coupons and a new store ♥♥♥) so I'm okay! Not cut yet doesn't count as in progress, right?