Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime >

A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime

A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime

Old 05-14-2012, 03:26 PM

Irish, picked E because it has all the colors of the others. I might change depending on how wide the sashing is to be. It has a deep navy background so not as happy with it, but... I have a lot of scraps the width we need, but need to see how things will go together first. I don't have much of an imagination so can't invision what different things will look like with these.
Old 05-14-2012, 04:11 PM

dotty-- super cute dd!! my son lives in manhattan, i think, but has friends all over the city. such a fun and energetic place to be young! love those colors. i have a feature fabric, b'fast at tiffany's, in very similar colors! just love it! that is going to be such a gorgeous quilt!
Old 05-14-2012, 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Everose View Post
[ATTACH=CONFIG]335294[/ATTACH]These are the fabrics I selected for the new mystery. I love the bright Christmas colors and if I'm out on the road with business later this year, I need to make as many gifts before I go. How do these work for you ladies?
I love the Christmas fabrics Everose.. LOL at first I thought you were going to make two...I know how much you love your B&W fabrics..
Old 05-14-2012, 05:18 PM

and how much we love the red dragon scales

went thru stash and found green dragon scales

and lavender dragon scales

and blue dragon scales

all in different boxes with receipts from different stores

Last edited by SunlitenSmiles; 05-14-2012 at 05:23 PM.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post
Oh dear, IBQ, did they lock you up there by mistake? We won't let it happen again and will pick you up soon.
Yes, locked in working on craft show items ... then got rained out the second hour of the outdoors show!
Old 05-14-2012, 05:31 PM

Sunliten that would so interesting to see, I have seen the red and the green..but you are telling me there are lavender and blue also... applique dragons flying through the skies on a quilt..I can see it now in my head.. There is a book by Anne McCaffrey actually its a series The Dragon Riders of Pern... what an awesome quilt that would make. WOW... Im writing this idea down in my projects I want to do Journal.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:37 PM

will dig them out and photograph...but they may be fabric line from several years ago
Old 05-14-2012, 05:37 PM

Sunliten, we need to get all the dragon scales together. Wouldn't that make a great quilt!!!

IBQ, sorry you were locked in. But if you see any more rain please send it to ND we are in need.

I GOT THE NEW MACHINE TODAY!!! Only looked at the first couple pages of the booklet. DH would be so happy with me, because he's the manual person. Me - hands on any time. Anyway, hoping tomorrow Mom will sleep late so that I can play a little.

Jen, I might make a B/W. I purchased more of both lately. Darn my stash is growing instead of decreasing. Also got the new magazine from Connecting Threads today. There is a pattern in it that I love, so might have to get it also. I need an assistant to do some of this so I can free up my time!!!!
Old 05-14-2012, 06:01 PM

Sunliten that would be awesome if you were able to find out the line. I would imagine they would all come from the same line..I dont have any but scraps of my red dragon scales left..and I didnt note what line it was.

Woohoo Everose Im so glad to hear your new machine has arrived. I bet you are thrilled Im losing my assistant aka my oldest daughter at the end of the month when she moves to Texas... so will slow down my progess by miles... She usually helps me with nesting and pressing blocks. She has learned so much and I will miss her ... hmm maybe I will have to recruit dh and teach him to sew and quilt.. so I still have a partner. My stash seems to continue to grow also... and then I go looking for certain colors or prints and ..I look at dh and say.. I need... and he says let me guess...you dont have the right color thread.. or fabric.. and off we go. He is such a good sport. Im a lucky woman..I got a keeper for sure.
Old 05-14-2012, 06:26 PM

Jen, you got my interest up. So I went downstairs and guess what I found. A little less than 1/2 yard of the red dragon scales, but it did have the co. on it.

It reads: Springs Industried C CONCORD, COUNTRY FLORAL #7836.

Not savy with finding things so will leave it to you ladies. Oh that reminds me I think I have this in green also. I;ll have to look for that tomorrow.

Mom's in bed so I best get there also. Strange to go to bed before 9:30, but I never know how many times I'll be up during the night. DH is out of town til late so I'll read until he gets home. He would be a terrible assistant because he's gone more than home, and he would want me to do as much time in the wood shop as he did in the fabric shop. Such is life.