Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 42 of 62 FirstFirst ... 32 41 42 43 52 ... LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1532

Thread: A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime

Blog Entries
    Carpenter Wheel, but I like star better. I never saw it coming either and I've done one. I am anxious to complete mine because it will look so different with pastels. I do love the dark ones.

I dropped off a breakfast casserole with bacon, eggs, broccoli and cheese. We need some protein to keep us strong to handle these quilts. I think I'll have a non alcoholic minosa with mine.

All your Carpenter Stars are so beautiful. I can't wait to dive into this mystery (maybe I will make it at my upcoming quilt retreat at the end of June!).

Had all 4 granbabies(1-5 y, 2-2 y, and 1-1yr) here yesterday for Father's Day and an early Birthday celebration for me (next week). What fun and chaos we had!! Beautiful sunny day, kids swam for awhile, yummy dinner on the patio serenaded with the sounds of the waterfall falling into our pool! Relaxing, in a chaotic way, if you know what I mean! Love having them all hear, and so calm and quiet when they go home!!

Before everyone arrived yesterday afternoon I was able to make a fleece blanket sleeper for a friend's new granbaby.I have a small project that I will finish today. Then I must sandwich and quilt my quilt for my quilter's swap partner. I'm determined to finish it this week! THEN, I can think about starting this mystery......

OH WAIT..... I have several other WISP's I should finish first!!........... So many quilts to make; so little time! What's a quilter to do!?!?!?!?! Start another, of course! So glad I have you all to share my LOVE of Quilting with!!
    Karen, aka yayaquilts (yaya-Greek for grandma to 5 beautiful granbabies, 2 girls & 3 boys)
    http://kpscarlettandchief.blogspot.com
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and the fingers just won't work anymore."

Blog Entries
    I have been blown away by the beautiful stars that have been posted! I finally finished step 4, but haven't had a moment to sew for about 4 days now. Having a bit of withdrawal... Can't wait to do step 5 and see how mine looks in scrappy batiks! This has been a great mystery, Judy - thanks!
    Left some peach tea and homemade ginger snaps for everyone in the club car...
    Linda
    There may be times we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel

Blog Entries
    Boy, I feel like a first grader! I didn't know what and still don't know what the mystery will turn out like. I did this one in scrappy. Please look and tell me if I need to switch any blocks around. I have about 50 times so far. The picture looks better than the squares on my floor. And I'm not taking it off the floor until I sew it together, they can all walk around it!!!Name:  Mystery #2, Scrappy Clue 5 001.JPG
Views: 414
Size:  745.0 KB
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the LIFE, in your years. (Abe Lincoln)

"The Best" The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. (Helen Keller)

Wyoming in the summer, Florida in the winter
    Blog Entries
    Here's mine, this has been a fun ride. Certainly needed to get rid of small batik pieces, so am glad I did this one also.Name:  DSCF0653.JPG
Views: 426
Size:  1.20 MBName:  DSCF0654.JPG
Views: 422
Size:  1.23 MB

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cindy60545 View Post
    Here's what I think is the outcome, minus the sashing. I changed a couple of the last clue pieces before I sewed it to make it more balanced also.
    i think you have it except for four peices that are turned wrong. i could be wrong but it seems logical what i'm thinking. your colors are beautiful
    esther

Blog Entries
    I am finally done with step 5. I have had a very busy day sewing catching up on projects! I put 5 projects in the mail today! It feels so very good to have things done!

Here is my pictureName:  P6170004.JPG
Views: 477
Size:  984.1 KB
    Give a smile away today, someone you meet might need one!

Did two quilt run areas on Friday and Sat. Completed the high desert area. My friend and I took 12 hours to go 374 miles. But it was a lot of fun. Got to see some really neat quilt stores. Then on Sat did the San Diego area. That took another 12 hours and we didn't get to the last two. BUT we found some really awesome shops. Amethist in Chula Vista has some really interesting quilts with a great technique. Wished I lived in that area as I would take classes there. The other one was in Escondido. The owner is a great artist in her own right. She had some fantastic quilts. The Hollow Starry Night. Great place.
    Stayed home Sunday to recuperate and work on this quilt. Got it finished but can't get my picture to post. DARN I made it real small. I'll try again.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Blog Entries
    Beautiful Marybeth !

The Hollow Starry Night is where the fabrics for the childs quilt I am working on were purchased....except for the kitten & puppy fabric ....that was from Quilt-in-a-Day......agree with you about the owner and her quilts, urgodschild2, the shop is a treat for the eyes......the parking area was a bit challenging, but worth it.

Thursday, when the run starts back up, I plan to be at Bolts in the Bathtub (Lancaster) at 9a.m.

Blog Entries
    Ok, where do you find the list for the Run? I live in So Cal and would love to find some new quilt shops close by. It seems to me so many of them are closing. I hate to see a good quilt shop close!

Blog Entries
    Good Morning!!! Well, I got upset last night because I couldn't quite figure the pattern out. So I tried again this morning with my snowmen. I think I have it. Someone said "look at it through the eyes of the camera". It sure works better than just looking at it on the floor. Now all I have to do is sew this together and then on to other things. WOW! Name:  Mystery 2, Snowmen Clue 5 001.JPG
Views: 427
Size:  705.8 KB
    It's not the years in your life that count. It's the LIFE, in your years. (Abe Lincoln)

"The Best" The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. (Helen Keller)

Quote Originally Posted by marytoddliz View Post
    Ok, where do you find the list for the Run? I live in So Cal and would love to find some new quilt shops close by. It seems to me so many of them are closing. I hate to see a good quilt shop close!
    Here's the website: http://www.quiltersrun.com/qr/index.html

Beautiful mysteries!!! They motivate me to start mine!
    Last edited by yayaquilts; 06-19-2012 at 07:30 AM.
    Karen, aka yayaquilts (yaya-Greek for grandma to 5 beautiful granbabies, 2 girls & 3 boys)
    http://kpscarlettandchief.blogspot.com
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and the fingers just won't work anymore."

Blog Entries
    BEAUTIFUL colors!!!
    I am finally done with step 5. I have had a very busy day sewing catching up on projects! I put 5 projects in the mail today! It feels so very good to have things done!

Here is my pictureName:  P6170004.JPG
Views: 477
Size:  984.1 KB

Blog Entries
    Di, if you can switch those four inside squares to white, your star will pop up. I love the fabric and I didn't think I was a snowman lover.

These are all such fun to look at. Soon I'll get to mine. Glorious Morning muffins in the dining car. Enjoy.

Blog Entries
    Marybeth of the shops on the run ....the one closest to you may be Apple Valley.....then if you go north on the 138 about 100 miles there is a great one in Lancaster

Blog Entries
    Thanks Karen, there are a few that I might go to. The one in Upland or Glendora aren't to terribly far! I saw a few others that I am keeping the addresses so that I can go visit them when I am in the valley. I have to go to riverside on occasion, I think it is great that some of you go to many of them.

I went on a shop hop with my Mom in Oregon in January, it seems that the quilting shops are closer together in Oregon, or just more shops, or less traffic maybe LOL!

Blog Entries
    Thanks KD7, I am thinking of donating my mystery quilt to my friend. She will raffle it off to raise money for her 3 day breast cancer walk. When ever I make anything pink it usually goes to raise money for BC or maybe a baby girl! But usually even baby quilts I don't always stick to the traditional colors. Give that girl a Orange and magenta quilt!

Blog Entries
    I finished the binding on my Aunt Gracie's quilt and catching up on this and taking pictures is up next. Have to work off this upset/angry energy! My Uncle James lives in a nursing home and has advanced Alzheimers. He doesn't understand anything and follows where you gently lead him. Anyway... It was night, around 4:45 am June 17th, Father's Day, and a male CNA came in to take his roommate to the restroom, Uncle James woke up and thought it was an intruder, He hit the CNA in the head and was very upset. He was careful to not hurt the residents only this CNA. The nursing home gave him a shot of Adavan (however that's spelled) and he was calmed down sitting in his chair. They had to call EMT's to take him to the hospital because he's had an allergic reaction to adavan before... with the EMT's came cops.... they scared him and ordered him to get on the cot... which he couldn't understand... they Tasered him at least 4 times! After the first a nurse or cna (I'm not sure which) told them he has advanced alzheimers (I mean you have to key in a code to get into the unit, common sense people!) and couldn't understand them. They ignored her and oh my goodness you should see him, It makes me want to cry and scream all at the same time! Sorry to rant, just needed to vent. I put the pictures on my blog for anyone that wants to see what I'm talking about (It's the link under this). I'll post my progress on the mystery as soon as I can. Fox 59 is going to air about this tonight at 10, for anyone who is interested.
    http://babyfire04.blogspot.com/
    If it makes you happy, it's worth the time!

Blog Entries
    oh, baby fire that is so sad....... and everyone you do know that could be any of us someday......no way to predict the future.......procedures need to be put in place to keep this from happening

Hugs, babyfire

I went to the one in Apple Valley. I loved it. Such friendly people. If I lived nearby I would go there a lot.
    Mary living where you do you are closer to all of the ones out their in that area then I am. riverside and Corona are just down the hill and a little over from San Bernardino but still a distance. Temecula is wayout of the way like going out to Desert Springs. BUT Temecula is a really fun place to go to. The shop there was absolutely awesome.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Blog Entries
    Sunliten Smiles, Thanks. I hope they get the procedure fixed so it won't happen again to. Appreciate the hugs I just hope Aunt Jen going to the news and newspapers will help get the word out about it.
    http://babyfire04.blogspot.com/
    If it makes you happy, it's worth the time!

When I picked out my fabrics I wondered if there was enough contrast in them. And as I was sewing I was pretty sure there wasn't. Here is how it turn out:Name:  100_1459.JPG
Views: 385
Size:  1.60 MB

I read that the fabric amounts were generous, so I made some adjustments. Used 2 different pinks from my scraps. This looks so much better:Name:  100_1463.JPG
Views: 402
Size:  1.19 MB

Blog Entries
    Babyfire I am so sorry to hear that something so awful has happened to your uncle..let alone anyone. Its a very sad sad situation and I hope there is a major investigation into this incident. Sounds more like the officers were simply reacting and not acting in a professional manner to me.

Well I have been working on my Medallion today. I went very very slow so I would not have to do any frogging. LOL Here is what I have done so far.

Name:  Medallion.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  98.1 KB
    Have an awesome day!

Blog Entries
    Babyfire, my heart goes out to you. Can't imagine that happening. Taking care of Mom has opened my eyes to Alzheimer's and the gift we have of quality living. We take so much for granted.

Irish, thanks for the suggestion, but it is all sewn together now. Couldn't stand to see it on the floor so made it a "today" project. However, it sure doesn't look like yours Jen. Your's I love. Great colors and contrast. These 2 are destined to be "gifted" to someone who doesn't sew.

But I sure learned a lot with this mystery. Thank you Judy for taking on this project. I'm ready for another one anytime.

Blog Entries
    That is fabulous!!! I think i need to work on something like for my friend. That is such a wonderful idea.
    Thanks KD7, I am thinking of donating my mystery quilt to my friend. She will raffle it off to raise money for her 3 day breast cancer walk. When ever I make anything pink it usually goes to raise money for BC or maybe a baby girl! But usually even baby quilts I don't always stick to the traditional colors. Give that girl a Orange and magenta quilt!

Page 42 of 62 FirstFirst ... 32 41 42 43 52 ... LastLast