Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 43 of 62 FirstFirst ... 33 42 43 44 53 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,075 of 1532

Thread: A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime

Chester, I vote for #2. I like #1, it's soft & subtle, but #2 really stands out.

Jenniky, I love how yours came out, color is terrific. I think you got the corners better than I did.

Marybeth, what a great idea & thank you for the thought of gifting yours for BC. I run Convoy for a Cure to help raise money for BC education & anytime someone helps us achieve our goals through their generosity, it's greatly appreciated.

babyfire, I'm so sorry for the incident with your Uncle. Lack of listening seems to be the "norm" these days & it frustrates me that people don't listen anymore. I hope all involved in this get their just desserts.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...t-t192134.html

Click on this and check it out - a Carpenter Wheel quilt. Really pretty.
    "If they give you ruled paper, write the other way."
    Juan Ramon Jimenez 1881-1958

Wow, that was wonderful Judy. Now I can see you doing that. A lot of work and King size to boot.

Blog Entries
    That's a lovely quilt, but I don't see a Buggy Wheels as a Carpenter Wheel. Here's one I did for my daughter. Name:  100_0244.JPG
Views: 3188
Size:  1.24 MBMakes me want to hurry with the pastel Christmas one from this mystery, but life keep getting in the way.

Are there any deviled eggs in the dining car? Those sound good. Off to boil some eggs so I'll have some for me and some to share in the club car.

irishrose, I really like this Carpenters Star. The border really sets it off. My students yesterday want me to give a class on Carpenters Star since I've made 2 of them now. Guess I'd better get busy & get it all together.

Irishrose: love love love your quilt! Love how it turned out and love your border too!!! So anxious to start mine....but definitely rethinking my fabrics and colors.
    Karen, aka yayaquilts (yaya-Greek for grandma to 5 beautiful granbabies, 2 girls & 3 boys)
    http://kpscarlettandchief.blogspot.com
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and the fingers just won't work anymore."

Quote Originally Posted by irishrose View Post
    That's a lovely quilt, but I don't see a Buggy Wheels as a Carpenter Wheel. Here's one I did for my daughter. Name:  100_0244.JPG
Size:  1.24 MBMakes me want to hurry with the pastel Christmas one from this mystery, but life keep getting in the way.

Are there any deviled eggs in the dining car? Those sound good. Off to boil some eggs so I'll have some for me and some to share in the club car.
    Love this quilt, it is really pretty, can't figure out how you did the border, but really like it.

Blog Entries
    That would be something i have thought about with all the scraps around my two houses. lol... well mine and my mom's

Quote Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post

Blog Entries
    Everyone's stars are stunning! I finally have mine up on the design wall, but not sewn together yet. Still playing with switching some colors around. I hope to get it sewn together before our next step is posted. This one has been a lot of fun - thanks, Judy!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P6200011 (2).jpg 
Views:	957 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	343430
    Linda
    There may be times we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. - Elie Wiesel

Blog Entries
    AnngelAnne, I know we're off topic, but it a braided border from the quilterscache site. She has several cool borders. I'm waiting for a quilt that wants the curling ribbon border. http://www.quilterscache.com/B/Borders.html

I am so bummed that I can't get this to post. All my others post on the other sites here but not this one. ???????
    One more try. Not gonna happen. don't get this at all. I need a drink....I am going up to the observation car and wallow in my disappointment but at the same time enjoy everyone else's beautiful quilts.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

Babyfire....sorry about your uncle. It seems to me that seeing that he was in a fascility that the police would have the common sense to let the professionals there handle the situation as they are use to those things. Maybe the police need more sensitivity training.
    Dreaming of New England while being stuck in So. Calif.(the asphalt jungle of the world.) But hey the Happiest Place on Earth is here.

IrishRose, your top is gorgeous, great job.

Irishrose, love your quilt and thank you so much for the link to the borders. I "pinned" it for future reference.

Wow! Love all the ones I've seen & I know there are more to come...this is so fun! Played catch-up the last couple days (hubby had back surgery last Fri. so have been busy with him). Anyway, here's mine. Also, here's one I made in Feb. 2011 (I made it into a picture wallhanging--it has clear vinyl frames sewn on it so you can change out the pics). These are the only 2 I've made. The wallhanging is made of primary color scraps & moda black. Can't wait to see more of these!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

love your boarder great job

VickiM, what a clever idea with the pictures! I really like how your scrappy one is coming out too.

AnngelAnne, I know we're off topic, but it a braided border from the quilterscache site. She has several cool borders. I'm waiting for a quilt that wants the curling ribbon border. http://www.quilterscache.com/B/Borders.html
    Thank you, thank you, will check that out and bookmark it.

Blog Entries
    ok, so I am off on The Southern California Quilt Run, this morning......something to do till Saturdays clue.....I see two ...maybe more ways to do the corners of the piano key border,,,but,,,, there is something else first, guessing a thin stopper border of the fifth color.....but.....if there is one thing I have learned from Paint-me-Judy mysteries, it is, there are always surprises, and guessing is just a way to pass the time , waiting for the next clue.

Blog Entries
    I love how the pictures came out!!! And your mystery quilt is looking great!!!

Started mine yesterday. Cut additional 5" squares to go with the charms I had. So I am ready to start sewing the HST. Plan to do this at my upcoming quilt retreat last weekend in June. I'm thinking I may do one in Red, White & Blue as well. It would make a great looking All American table topper for my dining room table!
    Karen, aka yayaquilts (yaya-Greek for grandma to 5 beautiful granbabies, 2 girls & 3 boys)
    http://kpscarlettandchief.blogspot.com
    "You have enough quilts made when your soul is filled, your creativity satisfied and the fingers just won't work anymore."

Quote Originally Posted by paintmejudy View Post

beautiful quilt

Okay, I'm caught up. Been on a little vacation and then a 3-day quilt retreat. Can't wait to see what's going to happen next!
    Attached Images Attached Images

So many quilts, so little time.

Blog Entries
    24 hours till next clue. i'm going to miss this when finished. i get up every day first thing and check to see what has been written on this thread
    esther

me too! I've had so much fun doing this, I'm going to miss this early a.m. look to see what the rest are up to! Of course, the food ideas will definitely drop a few pounds too!

Page 43 of 62 FirstFirst ... 33 42 43 44 53 ... LastLast