Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime >

A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime

A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime

Old 06-14-2012, 11:31 AM

My youngest son and his wonderful wife and their sons live in Illinois, now, miss them very much but I visit often and there are some nice quilt stores there.....one is close to Lindenhurst and has a Millenimum ...sigh... LQS rents time on.
Old 06-14-2012, 11:47 AM

I know that we are looking more towards Elgin area. I need to do more research on that area. One of my life dreams i want to do is open and run my own LQS.
Old 06-14-2012, 02:30 PM

When your quilt is just a little wider than your backing fabric, there is a simple solution. John Flynn has a wonderful detailed tutorial on it on his web site. John also sells great laser cut kits and quilting frames. This technique involves cutting your backing fabric on a diagonal and then off-setting the pieces to make the piece wider. This will work to save tons of fabric for your participants. GOOD Ideas must be shared.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:50 PM

Kd7kyo, I hope you realize your dream! That would be so awesome. Can you imagine a whole store of fabric to play in!

My grandson (feels so weird to say that, am I really a granny already?!!!) is home, out of the hospital! Poor baby he's only 4 1/2 months old and this is the third time he's been in there. He was happy to be home, gave me the biggest smile when he got home! I hate when babies this little get sick, they cant tell you what hurts.

He's all bright eyed and bushy tailed, lol, so he's feeling a lot better. He's babbling away at, so sure I can understand. He's going to be a talker, I think.

Love the black fabric! I''m going to have to do a quilt with a black background, they're lovely.

Looking forward to Sat. Im all caught up.
Old 06-14-2012, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by kd7kyo View Post
I know that we are looking more towards Elgin area. I need to do more research on that area. One of my life dreams i want to do is open and run my own LQS.
there are several members on here who currently own their own shops (favorite fabrics & green fairy quilts are 2 who come to mind) and there are several more who have own shops at one time or another. they can probably offer you tips,insights, direct you to research sites or answer questions you may have. this board is such a great resource. looking on my area craigslist recently, there is someone who is selling her fabric store setup.

dreams can be realized by putting in the proper planning time and doing the necessary prep work. who knows, once you save your funds you may be able to buy someone else's setup (with all the necessaries in place) and start your dream from there. but above all keep your dream alive and work towards it.

mary
Old 06-14-2012, 04:55 PM

Jenniky, thanks for the ideas about lessening the hurt of back pain. Today is better and hopefully, tomorrow will be back to normal. It's good that the train has such wonderful, helpful folks on it!!

Welcome to the new folks and the new clue can't come fast enough!
Old 06-14-2012, 05:03 PM

Greetings! I had respite this afternoon for Mom and I got to go get a fabric fix. Some things for my stash from Wal Mart. I have been having so much fun with the scrappy look that I might do another one, because I have that many scraps. Thanks everyone for such nice comments about my patriotic snowmen. Truly love the snowmen (as my house will show you) that it has been fun to put together.

Sunliten, love those colors and you should see my green collection. Love to make Christmas trees - in fact I have a couple UFO's that have trees in them. I'm going to have to stop looking at fabrics because I can think of a hundred uses for collecting them. I don't have as much self control as you do.

KD, the dream will come true if you want it to. So keep dreaming and talking about it and it will be.

Watching "the furry" eat clover again. I might have to put fences up around my garden things. Is there anything they won't eat??? I think this one needs a diet.

Time to get some fabric cut - happy sewing ladies. (Oh the brownies were wonderful, sorry if I just left the crumbs - don't have them in the house to often because I can't stop with one.)

Old 06-14-2012, 05:35 PM

oops see the #3 one and didn't realize you are doing multiples. I love the black with brights

Originally Posted by Pattia View Post
Everose, love your fabrics.They are so me.
Can't wait to see how everyone's turns out. I am such a newbie, I am quietly sitting in the back of the club car, peeking out from behind my book, checking how everyone is doing. I still haven't had time to figure out my D fabric. If I could figure out how to post a pic. - I could ask for suggestions.
so far, you all have me stymied.
see, this post was to be attached to everose's pic. oh well! still trying to figure out how everything works
Old 06-14-2012, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by kd7kyo View Post
Yes that is my Call sign =) going on o12 years with it
Here is KC2YIB, only a couple of years ... are you participating in Field Day next week?
Old 06-14-2012, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by MdmSew'n'Sew View Post
Here is KC2YIB, only a couple of years ... are you participating in Field Day next week?
what is a call sign?