Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime >

A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime

A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime

Old 06-15-2012, 09:45 AM

Oh RosieIrish, you made me snort rofl. Mr Rippit??? Not what I call it. Question/observation here waiting for the clue tomorrow. Do you/have you noticed that ladies of age use the term material in the place of fabric??? I did not call anyone an old goat (fill in the blank). I think I started call material fabric when I first was in a chatroom in the mid 90's. Sort of like people saying issue in the place of problem. I will forever and ever really dislike "issue". If ya got's a problem, ya got's a problem LOL OK, just wondering Hugz to all Retta
Old 06-15-2012, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Havplenty View Post
what is a call sign?
It is our Ham (amateur radio) license number/what we use when we are on the air. We have to pass a test and are licensed by the FCC.
Old 06-15-2012, 10:03 AM

Originally Posted by kd7kyo View Post
i wouldn't miss field day. And this year i have my roomie kids to pass on the knowledge to. I am heading to the space and rocket center in Huntsville to do field day.

havplenty what a call sign is an amateur radio way of having thier own personal identifical name given to them by the FCC. Some like me has kept what was given other have changed it to their own unique name.
Great, maybe we'll connect, I'll be on the air probably all Saturday afternoon into the late evening, with a few breaks - will look and see if your call is on our list, even if I don't get to speak with you - how cool is that?
Old 06-15-2012, 11:20 AM

Ring the bell!!! I am caught up. Finished #4 and now am anxiously waiting for tomorrow morning. Received the 5" charms from a swap so I might have to play with them while I wait. Was going to play in the flower beds, but we have a little rain coming through. Oh darn, I have to stay inside and sew!!!![ATTACH=CONFIG]342229[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails clue-4-2-mystery-quilt-001.jpg  
Old 06-15-2012, 12:18 PM

Woohoo! I'm all caught up and anxiously awaiting tomorrow's clue. Judy, I want to thank you for doing this and for posting such easy instructions/pictures. I'm not quite a newbie, but this is my first mystery quilt and I've had no problems following your directions. Thanks!

I didn't have 1 1/4 yards of the first two fabrics, so I used four related fabrics and hope it turns out OK. If nothing else, the colors match.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]342241[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]342242[/ATTACH]
I hope these pictures post correctly. I'm not always sure about what I'm doing when it comes to "techie" stuff!
Attached Thumbnails qb-mystrain2-001red.jpg   qb-mystrain2-002red.jpg  
Old 06-15-2012, 12:53 PM

I am hoping to get on the air iwth a club as for my own set up i don't have a rig set up. Right now it is just me and my DH doesn't do it. I got involved with a few acquitances now. but still enjoy the hobby of it. Just have not been able to find that connection with it anymore =(
Originally Posted by MdmSew'n'Sew View Post
Great, maybe we'll connect, I'll be on the air probably all Saturday afternoon into the late evening, with a few breaks - will look and see if your call is on our list, even if I don't get to speak with you - how cool is that?
Old 06-15-2012, 12:54 PM

woohooo!!! I LOVE the color!
Originally Posted by Evie View Post
Woohoo! I'm all caught up and anxiously awaiting tomorrow's clue. Judy, I want to thank you for doing this and for posting such easy instructions/pictures. I'm not quite a newbie, but this is my first mystery quilt and I've had no problems following your directions. Thanks!

I didn't have 1 1/4 yards of the first two fabrics, so I used four related fabrics and hope it turns out OK. If nothing else, the colors match.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]342241[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]342242[/ATTACH]
I hope these pictures post correctly. I'm not always sure about what I'm doing when it comes to "techie" stuff!
Old 06-15-2012, 01:54 PM

Am always looking for the "like". Some very nice photos and more every day now. Looking good. Retta
Old 06-15-2012, 02:41 PM

Evie....love the color combo. I can't wait to see it complete. I'm watching from the observation car this round but eager to start on the next mystery quilt.
Old 06-15-2012, 03:21 PM

looks like everyone is ready for tomarrow morning........

chamomile tea at bedtime and before you know it it will be morning

except the young'ns, s'pect they wil party all night long