Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime >

A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime

A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime

Old 06-14-2012, 07:37 PM

my computer played dead today. 3rd time in 2 days. bad omen. discovered something horrendous!!! if i stay off the board i actually get some quilting done! yikes!! how bad is that!!! i made a flimsy for a little girl's quilt and can't decide on the border. there are mostly reds and pinks, and lots of other colors,too. am thinking pink to calm the eye ( and resultant head-ache) but i put a turquoise border and POP! what to do, what to do!! the back may be multicolor, too. the child in question will be 6 in september. only girl, 2 younger brothers. has 6 tiaras. didn't even ask about tutus! the prints are florals , hearts and cupcakes, with a few stripes. i want it to be very girly so the brothers won't glom onto it. any words of wisdom? speak fast! who knows how long my computer will last!!
Old 06-14-2012, 08:33 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]342149[/ATTACH]

Ok I changed my D color.
Attached Thumbnails dsc_0112.jpg  
Old 06-15-2012, 03:56 AM

Make it girly colors, Nancia, like pink and purples or aqua..most boys avoid those like the plague! What is a flimsy?
Did you know the blue/pink thing for boys/girls didn't become popular until after WW II?
Old 06-15-2012, 04:01 AM

28 hours more or less....and we will have more to work with !

DD came by yesterday and we played with may different ways these blocks could be arranged. What fun ! We sewed a couple of little things for DD's, Daughter-in-law (my DGDIL) and shoped in my stash for materials for doll clothes for the beautiful baby doll DD bought for her GD (who will be born in just 2 more weeks)'s, first birthday(one year and 2 weeks)......are we silly or what but we are having so much fun ! My first GreatGrandchild....oh, the plans.....she will love to sew, in a few years.
Old 06-15-2012, 04:38 AM

i wouldn't miss field day. And this year i have my roomie kids to pass on the knowledge to. I am heading to the space and rocket center in Huntsville to do field day.

havplenty what a call sign is an amateur radio way of having thier own personal identifical name given to them by the FCC. Some like me has kept what was given other have changed it to their own unique name.
Originally Posted by MdmSew'n'Sew View Post
Here is KC2YIB, only a couple of years ... are you participating in Field Day next week?
Old 06-15-2012, 08:11 AM
Power Poster

What is a flimsy?

A Flimsy is a quilt top, not quilted yet.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:32 AM

Well I must hop off the train for the weekend as I am going on a quilt run. It will be fun to check out all of the quilt shops in Southern California and to get a free gifty that will become a mystery quilt in the end. So off the train I go.
Old 06-15-2012, 08:56 AM

okay i have been following thread and writing down the instructions. Finally had a moment to choose my fabrics and get them cut. found a medium blue with cat heads and cattails on it for A/B is a blue-green mottle/C is white with red-yellow-blue paw prints/ D is a light blue with darker blue lines and squiggles on it. E is still being decided.
Got through the HST's okay and started on the 2 1/2 by 4 1/2 rectangles adding the 2 1/2 squares. got them done and started sewing the A-C and B-C sections together. But no way were they going to make a triangle with the C pieces when sewed together. Mr Rippit and I spent a few precious moments working together to correct this slight miscalculation. Back on track and got them joined to the C-D sections.
CUt the 12 rectangles and started sewing them together. Mr Rippit was feeling left out by this time but I have trouble sewing anything in the correct order. I had arranged the rectangles A-D-C-B but found them moving into every alternative position possible so Mr Rippit was soon very busy again. I have now caught up and waiting for next clue.
Can PaintbyJudy make that to sew everything together in whatever figuration suits you because I just know thats what i will end up doing to satisfy Mr Rippit insatiable appetite.
Old 06-15-2012, 09:12 AM

()<- this is a chill pill for Mr. Rippit, tell him to go catch flies !
Old 06-15-2012, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by urgodschild2 View Post
Well I must hop off the train for the weekend as I am going on a quilt run. It will be fun to check out all of the quilt shops in Southern California and to get a free gifty that will become a mystery quilt in the end. So off the train I go.

each of the four areas have a different mystery block....should be good, clue at each shop