Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime >

A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime

A New Mystery Quilt Train Ride! Hop on-board anytime

Old 06-12-2012, 05:10 PM

Hey everyone!!! Back from trip to CA. Wood turners convention was great. Tampa next year and Phoenix the year after. Didn't get to even one fabric store, so today I really need a fix. The ladies craft room had great demos and there was a quilt trunk show that was great. (My computer has been CRAZY for the last week and I just am catching up on everything. Hoping to get this posted before the computer dies again.)

AnngelAnne, I can send you postage money and you could send me the quilt.

Haven't finished #3 because I'm a picture person (not so much on instruction) and didn't print the pictures out. But I will finish both of them now. I started a scrappy one last week also. It really is cute.

Well Mom has now been napping for 7 hours straight. Were told this might happen after she got back from the memory unit. Now I wonder how her/my night will be?

Take care everyone. So glad to be back in touch.
Old 06-12-2012, 06:23 PM

welcome back, everose! how did your mom do? is she glad to be back, or is she disoriented? california sounds great!! my computer is having a bad day and had shut down on me totally. happy it's back!!
Old 06-12-2012, 07:19 PM

I'm back!! Ireland was so amazing!! My luggage was so much heavier than I had planned. You ladies who stowed away in my luggage owe me lots of $$$ for the extra heavy baggage fees!
LindaC, I hope you were able to get a photo of the hands. I didn't take one and I just now read the post about it. I love, love, love your country! The land, the water and where the 2 meet, the mountains, the castles, the people, the sheep, the food....I could go on and on!
Hopefully tomorrow I will get some pictures posted of the quilt show and of my tour around the country. I printed off the latest instructions. Now I need to get to work on step 3 and 4. To add to that I took 2 classes at the quilt show so I also have a Monet type wallhanging and a wool bag to finish. Hmmm....how to prioritize. I am caught up on my email, phone messages and The Bachelorette. Now to catch up on my sleep. I'm soooooo tired!
Be sure to try the Irish chocolates I left for everyone.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:22 PM

Welcom back Pam sounds like you had a wonderful time.. someday DH and I want to go and see the castles.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:58 AM

Default Mqt 2

I missed June 2! That's how crazy it has been w DD moving & painters in & out! All caught up now & so-o curious about the next step!!
Attached Thumbnails june-12-003.jpg  
Old 06-13-2012, 06:00 AM

Evenrose, I think the postage would be very expensive, and you would have to wrestle with the person I gave it to. The quilt went to England last week while I was there on vacation. And strange though it may be, I was told her bedroom was black and white from a neice of hers so I knew what color to go with, but the back of the quilt almost matched the wall paper to a tee other than the design was smaller on the quilt. Really amazing. But you couldn't have complimented me more by asking me to send it, lol.

Jenniky, I hope I spelt that right, trying to remember, if not, sorry, not sure what the window pane effect is called, I just called it lucky I got it together. Glad you like it, thank you.
Old 06-13-2012, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by nancia View Post
i was just down the beach and posted a thread about some mug rugs if anyone would like to see them. they are under what's new, some fun mug rugs. someone asked 'what's a mug rug, and i thought they deserved an answer! lol. hope you like them.

i have stewed some rhubarb, how do i make it into lemonade?
Sorry, can't seem to find your thread on mug rugs, can you help me?
Old 06-13-2012, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by SheriR View Post
All y'all are funny. How about our own private cruise. Maybe to Alaska or some fun island. Sunlit can put her stash in a steamer trunk. And we can diet on salmon or papaya.
I'm packed and ready to go!!!
Old 06-13-2012, 07:07 AM

My first mystery quilt and I missed the train because my computer died! But, with a bit of fancy planning I was able to hop on at the last stop on a borrowed computer while mine is in the "hospital." I printed out the posted instructions, finished the HSTs in step two, and hope to catch up on steps three and four by this weekend. I have enjoyed the crazy banter you ladies have been having. Kinda glad I haven't been along to participate in all the goodies tho' cuz these extra pounds I'm carrying just don't want to leave and I don't want to give them more company! See y'all this Saturday.
Old 06-13-2012, 07:39 AM

Glad to see you, Evie, and I just wanted to say that any pounds we gain while riding this mystery train, will dissapear as soon as we step off the train and get back to our homes and daily routine -- it's a mystery, after all!