Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Orca Bay Mystery Quilt-Along >

Orca Bay Mystery Quilt-Along

Orca Bay Mystery Quilt-Along

Old 11-22-2011, 05:44 AM

Cindi, you keep your chin up and keep going, I'll be praying for you and cheering you on.

Wow, girls some of you are almost there, woo hoo!

Sheri, I am in the same boat, won't get home until next week and will be choosing fabrics and going from there. You won't get behind unless you let yourself get behind, lol, this is what my mother would tell me
Old 11-22-2011, 06:56 AM

Love it. Can't wait to get started.
Old 11-22-2011, 07:08 AM

Cindi, you are an inspiration to us all. You go girl!

Sheri, you and Candi and I will all be working on these little things at the same time. I won't be home til the end of this week and won't be able to work on this til next week. We can keep each other company.

It's inspiring to see how much some of you have gotten done already.
Old 11-22-2011, 10:11 AM

I bet you gals can just start with Clue 2, then pick up Clue 1 as we go along. Some weeks the amount that needs to be done is not as intensive as Clue 1 is. And also, we probably will not use the Clue 1 units right away. She tended to just give us "parts" of blocks last year in RRCB, then toward the end of the mystery you put the sections together to make blocks.

I hope your "good" days are more frequent than those "bad" days Cindi! Hang in there, good thoughts and prayers are going your way!
Old 11-22-2011, 10:18 AM
Power Poster

Don't worry if you are behind because you can't start yet. What Bonnie has always recommended is that if you can't do all of a step--just do a few of each step, so that you aren't really behind-and then you can catch up with the rest of the number you need for each step as time allows.
Old 11-22-2011, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by JudyG View Post
Sheri, you and Candi and I will all be working on these little things at the same time. I won't be home til the end of this week and won't be able to work on this til next week. We can keep each other company.

It's inspiring to see how much some of you have gotten done already.
I'll be with you girls, too, keeping company with you, as I can't do any more cutting or any sewing till next week, and only after I clean the motorhome and the house that is overdue for a good cleaning. I do tend to leave the cleaning to the last minute, as I would much rather sew and quilt !!
Old 11-22-2011, 11:57 AM

That sounds good, us late starters can stick together lol. I'm still not sure how to use my scraps. I have massive amounts...but not of that many colors. I could do like pink/teal/brown/creams but like I said no massive amounts. Like my brown stack is yards not alot of scraps. So would I care if there were many HST all the same. I'd still be using stash. Which is the point, right? I have red and blue too but no black. My only two DArKs are browns and blues. Mysteries are scary. I think I'm over thinking it... And I started weeks ago when I first saw the post about this project....
Old 11-22-2011, 12:09 PM
Power Poster

SheriR, I don't have blacks, so I am using browns. You don't have to use scraps, there are a lot of people on her blog and on her yahoo group who use fat quarters, etc... Just have fun!
Old 11-22-2011, 01:07 PM

Ladies,
Let me do some background here. This past summer I "acquired" my 86 year old mother-in-law's 50 years stash. The intent is to use it to make her grandchildren(23) quilts from grandma. So I would REALLY like to use this project as one of her quilts, so I don't want to purchase a stitch. Just use what I have of hers. Here's what I pulled from my cupboards. pinks/teal/brown/creamishes....It wont let me upload my pink/teal....
Attached Thumbnails brown-cream.jpg  

Last edited by SheriR; 11-22-2011 at 01:11 PM.
Old 11-22-2011, 01:14 PM

There are the pinks/teals.... sorry for two posts
Attached Thumbnails pinks.jpg