Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Our 7th Mystery Quilt Train Ride -- Whoo Hoo >

Our 7th Mystery Quilt Train Ride -- Whoo Hoo

Our 7th Mystery Quilt Train Ride -- Whoo Hoo

Old 01-03-2015, 02:19 PM

sorta like an I Spy there were 4 of each charm so two are full and two are cut in quarters to make the border and a row down the center of the back .... there are games you can play alone or with a group ... it went to a young boy in Colorado (who escaped with his parents, and the clothes they were wearing) during the flood a few years ago. They were in a gymnasium shelter for a while so the quilt was warmth and entertainment.
Old 01-03-2015, 03:31 PM

Originally Posted by pewa88 View Post
Sure looking forward to this next mystery with Judy. I had planned to do the BH mystery, Grande Illusion, but was not able to begin with everyone and now after the reveal I find I do not care for the quilt at all, just can't take the spinning. I do love mysteries though.
I didn't join b/c I am not a scrappy fan and while I really don't like the quilt as designed some very creative types have had some really good solutions to making it less messy. I have been following on this site and on FB and there are A LOT of people especially on FB not happy w/ the results. This is the first one I've ever known about, is this common so many disliking the results?
Old 01-03-2015, 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
I didn't join b/c I am not a scrappy fan and while I really don't like the quilt as designed some very creative types have had some really good solutions to making it less messy. I have been following on this site and on FB and there are A LOT of people especially on FB not happy w/ the results. This is the first one I've ever known about, is this common so many disliking the results?
I can say before doing the scrappy mystery here, I was not a fan either. But after doing that quilt I am hooked! I just love the scrappy look now. I also think it's a great way to use up scraps and work out of your own comfort zone as well.
Old 01-03-2015, 05:11 PM

"This is the first one I've ever known about, is this common so many disliking the results?"
I really don't know the answer. This is also the first one I have followed. Maybe someone can chime in here with an answer. I would like to know too. It seems there are lots of people that do not care for this particular BH design.
I enjoy following her blog and am a big fan. I have done several of her patterns and love them, my latest finish was this Stringed X that my two older grands strip pieced. They did the foundation piecing and it was a great beginning sewing project for them. Presently I am doing a leaders and enders project, Blue Ridge Beauty.
Attached Thumbnails string-768x1024-.jpg  
Old 01-03-2015, 05:18 PM

When I was thinking of joining (just not scrappy) I looked at pictures of her previous stuff and liked almost all of it, that was one of the reasons I almost considered doing it, so glad I had other fish to fry at the same time.

Oh and I like the above quilt, good use of scrappy.
Old 01-03-2015, 06:35 PM

This is my first BH mystery but I've done several here on the qb. Everyone loves them here. Or if they don't, they aren't complaining. Of course, we have to factor in there are several thousand people doing Bonnie's mq so there are bound to be a lot who are dissatisfied. I feel bad that Bonnie put all this work into this for all of us and there are so many complainers. Hopefully she's not reading all the negative stuff that is on facebook.
Old 01-03-2015, 07:51 PM
Power Poster

This is the first time that I know of that there have been this many negative comments about one of the BH mystery quilts. I didn't participate in this mystery because there are always so many pieces, and I have other commitments that require my time. I also didn't have the amount of fabric required for this quilt. I am doing a large Carpenter's Star in flannel for a senior girl, and that is quite a job. I also have a couple of other quilts that require my attention. I like Bonnie's quilts but I don't have the time required right now. I hope all of the negativity doesn't stop her from doing her mysteries in the future.
Old 01-04-2015, 05:57 AM

Seems to me there are a always negative comments at the beginning and then things settle down and a lot people start really liking the design. Pesonally its way outside my comfort zone but I've followed BH's instructions to the letter and am having great time putting it together. Some of the other color ways are truly remarkable and more to my natural inclinations but I have a new appreciation for aqua.
Old 01-04-2015, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by Pam H View Post
Here's my finished quilt from one of the past mysteries. Can't remember which one and can't figure out how to find them. Oh well. A friend quilted it. She is collecting quilts to donate to a hospital for teens with cancer. It will be given out on Valentine's day in memory of a young girl. Penny did a great job on the quilting. She has quilted several quilts that have been featured in various quilting magazines.

I love your quilt!!!!Can I the pattern here??
Old 01-04-2015, 07:59 AM

I see I'm missing a word in my last post It's supposed to read-----Can I find the instructions here???