Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Picture Thread for Rhonda's Sampler Quilt Along >

Picture Thread for Rhonda's Sampler Quilt Along

Picture Thread for Rhonda's Sampler Quilt Along

Old 01-26-2011, 05:29 PM
EC

Originally Posted by Rhonda
I love my EQ and it is sooo easy to change colors on it. You can click on the button and then click on the color in your quilt you want to change and it will change all the blocks with that color in one click. So playing with this was really fun!
I think I was having more trouble drawing the blocks than changing the colors. I tried to put one of your blocks in so I could play with color combos and got stuck somewhere. I also have EQ5. I'll have to take some time with it again and see if I don't have better luck. Maybe I'm making more work out of it than I need to.
Old 01-26-2011, 06:52 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by EC
Originally Posted by Rhonda
I love my EQ and it is sooo easy to change colors on it. You can click on the button and then click on the color in your quilt you want to change and it will change all the blocks with that color in one click. So playing with this was really fun!
I think I was having more trouble drawing the blocks than changing the colors. I tried to put one of your blocks in so I could play with color combos and got stuck somewhere. I also have EQ5. I'll have to take some time with it again and see if I don't have better luck. Maybe I'm making more work out of it than I need to.
So how did you draw the blocks? I go into new block and I draw the lines for a Boston Block. Then color it. Then save it. I then go into New quilt and click on layout.
I get rid of the sashing. And set the number of blocks to 6 x 6. Then put a boston in each square and then play with color and turning the blocks.
Once I have a quilt block I like then I go into new block and I seperate the block with lines into the 6 x 6 grid and then following the quilt block I liked I then put in lines to recreate that quilt block in a new block so I can use that as a single block in a new quilt. So I go to layout and decide the number of quilt blocks usually a 2 x 3 gives you an upclose view of how it will look or a 3 x 4 layout. Then go into your quilt blocks on the menu at the right and put that quilt block in each block in the quilt. Make sense or did I totally confuse you?
Old 01-26-2011, 07:32 PM
EC

Don't remember now what I had tried to do, but I just followed your instructions and voila!

Have I told you lately that I love you??? Thanks, Rhonda, for taking the time!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-168771.bmp  
Old 01-26-2011, 07:36 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by klgreene
I'll move the three I've alread done to this thread so they can all be together. This is so great. I have one block turned wrong, so I have to change it, but won't bother changing the picture. We'll see how many people find it.
klgreene - those are so pretty - I am envious!
Old 01-26-2011, 08:50 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by EC
Don't remember now what I had tried to do, but I just followed your instructions and voila!

Have I told you lately that I love you??? Thanks, Rhonda, for taking the time!
You did good!! This is one of my favorite ways to play!
I can get lost for hours doing this. I look at things and think what if....... I love putting my own fabrics in my EQ and then seeing what I can come up with.

After you put in the bostons or star points etc. then try starting at the top left corner and turn each block one time. Move across the top row and then continue down the rows. It is fun to see what designs come up. Kind of like shaking a kaleidoscope toy and seeing the designs that happen. I love it!
Old 01-27-2011, 08:09 AM
EC

Oh-h-h-h Rhonda, this is going to be trouble. One more thing to keep me on the computer way too long each day. Can't put my own fabrics in as I don't have a scanner, but I can still see where you could have no concept of time once you get going on the EQ.

Thanks again for your tutoring.
Old 01-27-2011, 08:15 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by EC
Oh-h-h-h Rhonda, this is going to be trouble. One more thing to keep me on the computer way too long each day. Can't put my own fabrics in as I don't have a scanner, but I can still see where you could have no concept of time once you get going on the EQ.

Thanks again for your tutoring.
Have fun!! Maybe we will be seeing some really terrific quilt blocks from you!! it's quick and easy and sooo satisfying to design on the EQ. You get the satisfaction of seeing the design without having to take the time to sew it together. Of course that does come later.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:50 PM

Ok, I've started on the quilt for my friend. It'll be a wall hanging using 12" blocks. I decided to use #5, the one Rhonda likes a lot. The one with the green gave me some more choices of fabric, but this one is going to be better. And yes, I will post it when I get the first block finished.
Old 01-31-2011, 06:47 AM

I can't wait to see what it looks likes.
Old 02-02-2011, 01:36 PM

Ok, here are the first two blocks of the wall hanging I'm making for a friend. I'm lovin it so much, I don't want to give it to her. LOL So hopefully I have enough fabric to make one for myself. But this won't be finished until after I can get to Hobby Lobby to get more batting, and that may not be for a week or so. So just keep looking.

PS ignore my water stain on my ironing board. Time to make a new one.

top half of a wall hanging (2 of 4 blocks)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]163307[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-163302.jpe