Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
Picture Thread for Rhonda's Sampler Quilt Along >

Picture Thread for Rhonda's Sampler Quilt Along

Picture Thread for Rhonda's Sampler Quilt Along

Old 02-02-2011, 05:03 PM

Oh yes, Katie....I really, really love those colors. That wall hanging is going to be so beautiful. I can't wait to see the finished product.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:13 PM
Power Poster

Location: Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!

Katie that's gonna be fabulous. The colors are looking great together.
Old 02-02-2011, 05:44 PM
Power Poster

That is really coming together so well!! I love the colors. I'm not one for tones of beiges or tans but I love the black and red! And it all looks so good together even with the tans!! It is going to be a beautiful wall hanging!! And you are a credit to the teacher!! LOL
Old 02-03-2011, 08:18 AM
EC

Looks great, Katie!
Old 02-03-2011, 02:11 PM

Here it is. All ready to quilt and bind. I think it turned out wonderful. So your first wall hanging has already designed and finished. I will be quilting it next week maybe, and it will be bound in the same black fabric. I have one quilt just about finished quilted, then I'm working on the sampler, then this one gets quilted. Have to do them in order. I can piece all the time, but quilting comes in order of project. LOL

Rhonda's Sampler Lilly Block made into wall hanging
[ATTACH=CONFIG]138142[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-138137.jpe  
Old 02-03-2011, 02:35 PM

That is beautiful! I think I like yours better then mine...lol. However, since I have one row left to piece before the borders, it's too late to change color schemes...lol. Really nice job! How are you going to quilt it?
Old 02-03-2011, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by tstransky
That is beautiful! I think I like yours better then mine...lol. However, since I have one row left to piece before the borders, it's too late to change color schemes...lol. Really nice job! How are you going to quilt it?
I like your colors too. It's because you had already done most of yours that I decided to do this for my friend. Those are her colors. She told me beige to brown. and red was the accent color. I wasn't sure I'd like these colors together, but I really do. I don't think there is a color I don't like.
Old 02-03-2011, 02:47 PM

Forgot, I can only SITD or outline, my machine doesn't do anything else, so I'll do a little of both. One amoung many reasons I like Rhonda's blocks is because I like to see the design more so than the quilting. I'm sure if I had a machine that I could do more that I'd do a little more in sashings.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:33 PM

My DH always gives me his opinion (when asked) on color, quilting design, or whatever. His suggestion was to place a couple of stitches (kind of like tying) in the corner of ever other 2 1/2 inch block on every other row. His reason for this is so it doesn't take away from the beautiful design. I will probably hand quilt some design on the outer border. I thought it was kind of funny that you and my DH was thinking along the same line...lol.
Old 02-03-2011, 03:39 PM

There are so many quilt designs, and I like to do ones with lots of design just because of that. I have a quilt I did about 1 1/2 yrs. ago, when I first started machine quilting. I had a pattern, and it's all batiks. But it needs lots of quilting to really make it look like what I want it to look like, so it hangs in my closet. Only one of 2 UFO's. The other UFO are three pansies that I hand did about 15 years ago and lost the pattern, so I only had three 16" blocks. I did add sashing, but I'm not thrilled with it, so it'll have to come apart so I can add something that wouldn't need so much quilting.