Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
THE PONY CLUB  1st Milestone  15 Block "SHOW & TELL" >

THE PONY CLUB 1st Milestone 15 Block "SHOW & TELL"

THE PONY CLUB 1st Milestone 15 Block "SHOW & TELL"

Old 03-03-2012, 06:19 PM

Beautiful blocks, Mirabelle. The dark blue sashing really brings out all your colors. What size are you cutting your sashing strips? You are going to have a beautiful quilt.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by janRN View Post
Beautiful blocks, Mirabelle. The dark blue sashing really brings out all your colors. What size are you cutting your sashing strips? You are going to have a beautiful quilt.
They are cut at 1 1/2 inches so end up 1 inch when sewn.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
Me too! Your blue is framing it all up so nicely. What about a really light blue for the cornerstones?
Don't fret
MiraB about the brown ... it'll blend in better, if you include a little here and there in the coming blocks. And remember Laurie's comment about the muddy blocks having a role to play. It'll be your muddy!
I am thinking either the cream I am using for the background or a light blue with tiny stars. Those are my choices at the moment
Old 03-03-2012, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by dublb View Post
Mirabelle, Your blocks are lovely & that dark blue will be perfect!! I like the fact that you are doing this now. When I finally git the fabric for my attic windows I think I'll start sewing 'em on immediately. Thanks.
That was the only down side to the FWS, sewing all those sashing strips at the end, so I am following the block layout and have numbered all the squares and will sew together as I go. That way when I am finishing the blocks I will almost be finished the top. That's the plan anyway
Old 03-04-2012, 04:39 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mirabelle View Post
I am thinking either the cream I am using for the background or a light blue with tiny stars. Those are my choices at the moment
Shoot for the Stars!
Old 03-04-2012, 05:35 AM

Mirabelle...I like the navy too. I think sewing the sashing on as you go I'd a great idea. It changes the entire look of the quilt and you can better plan for the final outcome. That said, I don't have any idea what my sashing will be. I'm using a rusty batik for my FW and a black with my Civil War and I don't want to duplicate those. I'll have t think about it.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:52 AM
Power Poster

(Sigh from Iowa), Mirabelle, so pretty! I could even see using a red like the one in Colt's corral. What you need to do is cut out a couple of 1 inch squares of each fabric that you like and insert them in among your blocks and see which one you like best.
Old 03-04-2012, 09:18 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
(Sigh from Iowa), Mirabelle, so pretty! I could even see using a red like the one in Colt's corral. What you need to do is cut out a couple of 1 inch squares of each fabric that you like and insert them in among your blocks and see which one you like best.
Oh yes, RED!!! I like that idea, OKSGlad!I also wonder how the red print in A Beauty would look? (OKSGlad Note: paisley alert!)
Old 03-04-2012, 09:56 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
Oh yes, RED!!! I like that idea, OKSGlad!I also wonder how the red print in A Beauty would look? (OKSGlad Note: paisley alert!)
Yes I thought of that one too, but the print (love the paisleys!!) is a little too big for a 1 inch square and would change from square to square and you'd loose the continuity. (Ask me how I know this?)
Old 03-04-2012, 10:23 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
Yes I thought of that one too, but the print (love the paisleys!!) is a little too big for a 1 inch square and would change from square to square and you'd loose the continuity. (Ask me how I know this?)

Actually, I was thinking of that too ... just didn't want to admit it.
Wonder? if there's a small nothing print in the red .... the one you spotted has a print, but further apart, so some squares would be plain red, and some with the print. (BTW check your email, OKSGlad!)