Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

dunster 12-22-2009 06:12 PM

Please count me in on the cyber sew. I haven't decided on color or fabric (will probably use scraps and muslin for background), don't know whether I will sew by hand or machine, but I do have the software and am looking forward to making DJ.

BlueChicken 12-22-2009 06:14 PM

I like the dutch irish one, but the ones with birds are awesome too.

kluedesigns 12-22-2009 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by dunster
Please count me in on the cyber sew. I haven't decided on color or fabric (will probably use scraps and muslin for background), don't know whether I will sew by hand or machine, but I do have the software and am looking forward to making DJ.

i'm so happy you're joining in. a few people plan on doing it by hand so you wouldn't be alone if you decide to go that route

kluedesigns 12-22-2009 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by BlueChicken
I like the dutch irish one, but the ones with birds are awesome too.

odds are i'll do some kind of flower type design - i'm not very good at painting birds.

BlueChicken 12-22-2009 07:00 PM

I can't even paint decent stick figures, so you're ahead of me! LOL

kluedesigns 12-22-2009 07:22 PM

I can't even paint decent stick figures, so you're ahead of me! LOL

LOL, but i bet they look great!

Esqmommy 12-22-2009 07:22 PM

We are the coolest bunch ever!! :-)

It's a huge thrill knowing that we'll all be working at the same time on the same project. It must be some kind of record, surely. ;-)

Okay guys, my former PR days are twinkling...I think we ought to interest a magazine into writing an article about this..wouldn't that be fun. We should wait until we are a little further into it, but I think we could get some press...I'll bet they'll put KLue's photo in the article as well as some of our blocks. I think it would be a cool piece, don't you think?

BlueChicken 12-22-2009 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Esqmommy

We are the coolest bunch ever!! :-)

It's a huge thrill knowing that we'll all be working at the same time on the same project. It must be some kind of record, surely. ;-)

Okay guys, my former PR days are twinkling...I think we ought to interest a magazine into writing an article about this..wouldn't that be fun. We should wait until we are a little further into it, but I think we could get some press...I'll bet they'll put KLue's photo in the article as well as some of our blocks. I think it would be a cool piece, don't you think?

Absolutely..... we have quilters from all over the world, from top to bottom, it's an incredible project! We definitely need to wait till we're well into it, but it's gotta be worth a news story somewhere.

Esqmommy 12-22-2009 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by cheriffic
I love Single Distelfink. I painted it on a lazy susan many years ago. and it is for good luck and happiness. The best part is the bird of course I am nuts over birds
Cher

I'm nuts about birds too!! Only I'm picky... I only like certain bird items, and certain bird fabric. I like it to be "just so"!

BlueChicken 12-22-2009 07:26 PM

So there's 55 doing this one, 66 in the cyber sew.... I've had a quick look but can't find the list in the christmas thread, how many were involved in that?