Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

Shemjo 01-17-2010 11:07 AM

I am not getting updates for this thread again, so I am posting that I have read up to this point! Whew!

Esqmommy 01-17-2010 11:19 AM

Good thinking Shemjo... It's a lot to go back and figure out what you have read!!

sarahelloyd 01-17-2010 03:53 PM

hey, why do you mark 'colour' with a 'P' - i know it's a weird question but it is late here?

kluedesigns 01-17-2010 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by sarahelloyd
hey, why do you mark 'colour' with a 'P' - i know it's a weird question but it is late here?

for me P = print fabric, because my background fabric is a tone on tone.

sarahelloyd 01-17-2010 03:57 PM

doh! thanks - just one of things, now it makes sense,

Esqmommy 01-17-2010 09:14 PM

I just thought of something. I was so stressed about the colors and not putting two similar fabrics or colors right next to each other, and trying to keep up with my fabrics in the software...then it struck me. Duh. All I have to do is look at my blocks that I have made, and see what's there...for example. If I am about to make M-4. I can look at what I've made at L3-L5, M3, M5 and N3-N5...I also think I'll print out a blank and just use old fashioned pencils to color it in. Just for fun, to include in my journal.

BlueChicken 01-17-2010 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
I just thought of something. I was so stressed about the colors and not putting two similar fabrics or colors right next to each other, and trying to keep up with my fabrics in the software...then it struck me. Duh. All I have to do is look at my blocks that I have made, and see what's there...for example. If I am about to make M-4. I can look at what I've made at L3-L5, M3, M5 and N3-N5...I also think I'll print out a blank and just use old fashioned pencils to color it in. Just for fun, to include in my journal.

That's a good idea!!

When I print the block if it's complicated I shade it in with pencils so I don't mess up the fabrics.

Tiffany 01-17-2010 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by kluedesigns
once we hit march i'll be able to work further ahead but i have some quilts that i've got to finished up first before i can devote all my time to jane.

Yep, I'm in the same boat, what with wedding quilts and baby quilts and other obligatory quilts due by March. And I'm still waiting for that blasted background fabric. :evil:

maryb.43 01-17-2010 10:46 PM

Hey, ladies! Just so you dont think I've died and gone to heaven, I am here with an update. I, yes, me, one of the gals that has never paper pieced has come into the 21st century. I have "sort of" learned to paper piece...you have no idea how relieved I was after finishing my first PP block (the Amma tutorial one. It seemed so awkward and took forever for that first one...so I made the same block twice more. That went alot easier, so I made the third one for good measure. OK...I sort of get it. That was Saturday.

Sunday was not a day of rest. In a fit of anxiety I decide to do Klue's tutorial for strip piecing. Oh, yea. Thanks, Klue. Seriously, it is so helpful to a neophyte like myself. I made two of that block.

Tomorrow...Week 1, here I come. It almost 1AM, but I might post photos tomorrow, so you all can ooooh and ahhhhh. LOL.

BlueChicken 01-17-2010 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by maryb.43
Hey, ladies! Just so you dont think I've died and gone to heaven, I am here with an update. I, yes, me, one of the gals that has never paper pieced has come into the 21st century. I have "sort of" learned to paper piece...you have no idea how relieved I was after finishing my first PP block (the Amma tutorial one. It seemed so awkward and took forever for that first one...so I made the same block twice more. That went alot easier, so I made the third one for good measure. OK...I sort of get it. That was Saturday.

Sunday was not a day of rest. In a fit of anxiety I decide to do Klue's tutorial for strip piecing. Oh, yea. Thanks, Klue. Seriously, it is so helpful to a neophyte like myself. I made two of that block.

Tomorrow...Week 1, here I come. It almost 1AM, but I might post photos tomorrow, so you all can ooooh and ahhhhh. LOL.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
Well done!!! That's so awesome.... it's really hard tackling something like this that you've never done.