Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

Sheree from Chicago 03-04-2010 03:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you Leslie for the wonderful gift. The scissors and pins are the best, and the little basket of quilting goodies is just darling. XO

PS: as promised, here is a pic

Janstar 03-04-2010 04:19 PM

Very nice and those siccors will come in handy.

sandpat 03-04-2010 04:31 PM

Oh yes, Sheree...I love those type of scissors...I have a pair and I'm ruined now for the regular ones.

Esqmommy 03-04-2010 04:36 PM

I'm so glad you got your prize Sheree!!! Those scissors took forever to come in to the shop! The little quilter's ornament was made by Jane Davis, a member of the board. That is my "spring basket" she made me. She makes one with Christmas fabrics so you can put it on your tree. I just think those are sooooo cute!

Now I have to think of a new prize for the next winner. I figured those scissors and pins would come in way handy for all the applique and small cutting, etc.

Sheree from Chicago 03-04-2010 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Esqmommy
I'm so glad you got your prize Sheree!!! Those scissors took forever to come in to the shop! The little quilter's ornament was made by Jane Davis, a member of the board. That is my "spring basket" she made me. She makes one with Christmas fabrics so you can put it on your tree. I just think those are sooooo cute!

Now I have to think of a new prize for the next winner. I figured those scissors and pins would come in way handy for all the applique and small cutting, etc.

You're the best!

sewsewquilter 03-04-2010 05:19 PM

Very nice prize Sherri.

retrogirl02 03-04-2010 06:28 PM

Sheree, what a fun prize!! Esqmommy, you did a great job picking it out.

I did not go to the trouble of using the software for the planning. If you send an email for assistance once you're registered with EQ, they are fantastic about explaining step by step but didn't want to devote the time to it back in December.

I just drew it on paper. As I complete blocks, I place a colored square over the space to be sure i didn't miscalculate anywhere...plus, it seems like I'm making progress!! LOL

Sheree from Chicago 03-04-2010 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by retrogirl02
Sheree, what a fun prize!! Esqmommy, you did a great job picking it out.

I did not go to the trouble of using the software for the planning. If you send an email for assistance once you're registered with EQ, they are fantastic about explaining step by step but didn't want to devote the time to it back in December.

I just drew it on paper. As I complete blocks, I place a colored square over the space to be sure i didn't miscalculate anywhere...plus, it seems like I'm making progress!! LOL

We most definitely are making progress!

retrogirl02 03-04-2010 06:56 PM

Agreed, we are definitely making progress but I keep my blocks tucked away for safe keeping. Usually, I have projects laying around in the sewing room or posted on my display board. Keeping the colored grid helps keep me going without pulling all of them out.

Sheree from Chicago 03-04-2010 07:13 PM

I'm thinking I better get it in gear to keep track of where my blocks are in the layout before it gets too far along and "out of control". I keep procrastinating about it! LOL