Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

Lacelady 01-14-2011 07:35 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I was a bit concerned too - I thought the double batting on the seam edges (where they overlapped) would look horrible, but I was relieved when it looked OK in the end.

I think I've already posted this pic recently, but you can have another look at it. If you want a closer pic, let me know and I'll take one.

I don't think the bulk is that noticeable, it just has the effect of making the pieced tris look a bit further back compared to the plain ones. So a certain amount of dimension - which is what you are after with your trapunto.

sandpat 01-14-2011 05:42 PM

I see what you mean Lesley. I think I'm going to start on the border tomorrow. I'll sew them all together first without batting on the betweens, then make the next decision. Today I laid out all the tris with betweens laid out too...it was pretty! Then I rearranged where needed, then picked it back up. I almost finished one of the 2 unfinished kites. Now this evening, I'll work on the batting on the 2nd section of the center....tomorrow, I'll upload the pics so you can see.

Lacelady 01-15-2011 03:05 AM

Well done for getting that kite done (or nearly) and only one to go!

Have you been filling up that spreadsheet as you went along? I'm only curious, as I was interested to see what everyone's total number of pieces was going to be.

sandpat 01-15-2011 06:39 AM

3 Attachment(s)
No......I haven't. I did it part way, then remember when lappie had a problem? Well, I couldn't get to it then and I did a bunch of blocks. I wrote down all the info though and now I have to find the darn file to fill that in. Thats why I'm saving that last kite for last. I have to find the info to put on those melons. I'm going to finish that kite today, then might start sewing the border together..

Here are a few pics from yesterday

progress
[ATTACH=CONFIG]160584[/ATTACH]

with those "test" betweens
[ATTACH=CONFIG]160586[/ATTACH]

Shemjo 01-15-2011 07:16 AM

Patti, it looks so gorgeous! I need to post some pictures of my progress. I am going to have to get to work double time! Too projects in the works! Grrr.

QuiltswithConvicts 01-15-2011 11:04 AM

aaaaaahaaaaaaahaaaaaahaaaaaahaaaaaa - that's me with my tongue hanging out, panting over your Choc.J! It's wonderful. Gonna be a beauty!

Got 4 more squares quilted this morning while watching PBS quilt shows. Our station is so fickle - one week they show Fons & Porter and the next it's Quilting Arts.

I am now cutting out the January block of Carol Doak's BOM. I got all the Crown Royal logos cut (and pieced) into 4 1/2" squares. Gave up trying to figure yardage last week, so I still need to do that. Will also be cutting out a quilt for next door neighbor - got all her fabric half price at Connecting Threads!!!! Picked out a rather simple pattern to let the fabrics do the work. Making her a throw. She was dignosed with Lupus this summer.

Gotta go ask Patrice about posting the AOTH announcement at the end of THIS month.

Lacelady 01-15-2011 02:56 PM

Patti, Chocolate Jane looks stunning - really scrumlicious.

It looks as if it has gone together really well too. You are so close now, I bet you can taste it, well at least, that's how I felt.

Kathy, if you aren't careful, you will meet yourself coming back! Is it good for you to be going round in circles trying to do so many quilts all at once?

QuiltswithConvicts 01-15-2011 03:26 PM

I guess I get bored easily. Sometimes I don't feel like working on a particular quilt, so I always have lots of WIPs. They all do eventually get finished, though.

Does Sweetie have the stitch regulator? What is the largest quilt you've quilted with her so far? I'm thinking that she might be better for me than a stand-up version.

sandpat 01-15-2011 05:45 PM

Many thanks ya'll...I finished that kite today and worked to the end of that spreadsheet. I'm counting the scallops as only 4 pieces and mine will finish up at 5439 pieces. If I do the scallops as individuals, that will add 48 to that total. I remember doing several of the tris as one background piece instead of piecing it. Seems like an awful lot of pieces, but still less than Jane by quite a few!

Janstar 01-15-2011 08:00 PM

Looks stunning Patti! I have a day off tomarrow so will finish my last kite!