Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

QuiltswithConvicts 01-23-2011 06:08 PM

I'm still quiltin' away - count now is 126 blocks.

Lacelady 01-24-2011 02:26 AM

Haha...I remember how long it took you to stab stitch in the ditch by hand Lesley!!! I am planning to machine that part...it won't show, so why do it by hand?....I realize that I won't be able to say that its "All" hand quilted, but thats ok with me.

But you can still say Hand and machine quilted - everything on the front will be hand quilted, and that's what matters!

sandpat 01-24-2011 05:38 AM

126 Kathy!!!! Yippee! You are making great progress, especially when you consider all the other things you have going at the same time....:D:

I don't mind saying Hand and machine quilted for mine..it just doesn't bother me in the least :wink: The trapunto will be machined as well as the QITD...so there will be some machine quilting showing. I think it will be fine though. 1 kite quilted last night....3 more to go....

Lacelady 01-24-2011 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
126 Kathy!!!! Yippee! You are making great progress, especially when you consider all the other things you have going at the same time....:D:

I don't mind saying Hand and machine quilted for mine..it just doesn't bother me in the least :wink: The trapunto will be machined as well as the QITD...so there will be some machine quilting showing. I think it will be fine though. 1 kite quilted last night....3 more to go....

Oooh, getting closer by the minute, Patti. I'm looking forward to a pic the day you get the whole top together, won't be long now.

sandpat 01-24-2011 04:35 PM

You know I'll take a pic the second I get to that point! LOL!

wilhelmina 01-24-2011 04:40 PM

Sounds like there is a lot progress in motion with the quilts!!! :D

I am trying to get back into mine, as I feel I have taken a long break! :wink: I am a little stumped on the scallops, which color(s) fabric to use. It seems all the quilts that are done, use the same sashing fabric for the scallops. Well, I don't have enough and even if I did I wouldn't want that much black. So, I am in a dilemma and trying to find my way out! :roll: I had decided to use my creams, and even cut all of them out, but they just don't look right :?

sandpat 01-24-2011 05:00 PM

Hmmm.....that is kind of a dilemna then isn't it??? What did you not like about the creams? I would think that would have worked.

1 1/2 kites left to go......

wilhelmina 01-24-2011 05:04 PM

They look too light, almost like they don't belong. I have a pack of triangles in my fabric line, I just layed the matching fabric to each plain tri, I like that better...but I will have to rip off one row of scallops. :roll:

:lol:

wilhelmina 01-24-2011 05:05 PM

Patti with 1-1/2 kites to go...you are smokin! Of course, you are way ahead of me, as I am just working on the quilt top, you are quilted!!! :lol:

QuiltswithConvicts 01-24-2011 07:01 PM

Would they look more pleasing to you if you bound the quilt with a dark binding? Might make those creams pop out nicely!