Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

kluedesigns 11-21-2009 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by kwhite
I got my templates today. YEAH!!! Let GO.

it is so exciting. i've started to redraft some of the blocks but thats about all i've done.

kluedesigns 11-21-2009 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by kwhite
I just found out I will be 1.25 hours away from the museum that has the original Jane in January. I called and THEY ARE CLOSED FOR JANUARY!!! I am going to be so close!!!! And besides they only display the quilt once a year. Maybe one day!!!

well that is a real kick in the pants.

they are very limited in how often they put the quilt out for public viewing.

kwhite 11-21-2009 05:38 PM

Yeah I guess I will just have to hope my DD decides to go to school there. Then I will be ther quite often.

Janstar 11-21-2009 07:07 PM

What a let down K! You should at least run up and touch the building!!! Good luck on your daughter going to school there!!!

Tiffany 11-21-2009 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Awwww Tiff, I sure wish you could join this year. I have all the stuff, but I have to make a decision on background fabric and get that. I know what kind of taste I have....always champagne....this time I need for it to be beer :roll:

You sound like me - champagne taste on a koolaid budget! :lol:

Darn it! I really, really want to do this. ... <sigh> Okay, I'll have to budget in to buy the software for myself. Hopefully the next 6 weeks will be good ones at the restaurant where I work. I am only able to work one day a week (darn health!) so I don't have a lot of wiggle room. Maybe I can talk one of my daughter's into going in on it with me and calling it a Christmas gift. :wink:

I don't know that I would ever finish this if it were just myself working on it, and the last thing I need is another UFO! Some of you may remember I had about 100 of them. I'm now down to around 90. It would be less but I keep starting new projects. It's not entirely my fault! Five of the quilts I'm making are baby quilts and I am NOT responsible for any of them - the babies, not the quilts. LOL. Anyway, I think this is something I will finish if I'm doing it along with the rest of you and I can't help but be excited.

Now I'll have to really pay attention to the files on page 1.

STAR 11-21-2009 08:15 PM

Yes Klue I would like the dimensions of the triangle, please. I still have to get software and money is tight here to so if I can hold off on that one thing for no that would help. now to stop driving by the fabric store,LOL :cry:

Janstar 11-22-2009 12:09 AM

Yeah Tiff, hope it works out for you! It'll be a blast all working on it together. I have tons of UFOs too! Seems like there is always something new to try!!!

sandpat 11-22-2009 06:10 AM

I hope there is a way for everyone who want to join up to do so....it will be a ton of fun and I think a great motivator for us to actually finish the quilt! My problem is in making decisions...I want to make one with a dark background....and also one with a light background...now which to choose for the cyber party????

buddy'smom 11-22-2009 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
I hope there is a way for everyone who want to join up to do so....it will be a ton of fun and I think a great motivator for us to actually finish the quilt! My problem is in making decisions...I want to make one with a dark background....and also one with a light background...now which to choose for the cyber party????

You could always do one of each???

Butterflyspain 11-22-2009 07:56 AM

Yes Patti you could do one of each. Now at which point would you like the little men in the white coats to come get ya. :D :wink: :wink: :?