Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   [DEAR] JANE STICKLE CYBER BLOCK PARTY - Jan 2010 thru May/Jun 2011 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/%5Bdear%5D-jane-stickle-cyber-block-party-jan-2010-thru-may-jun-2011-a-t28063.html)

bearisgray 11-22-2009 08:07 AM

On page 19 of my PDA (I know some of you hate to even go there) there is a simplified version of A-11. Keep on going until you get to the drawing with the green ink.

Theoretically, the corners could be strip pieced, and the center paper pieced.

I had really good results with the strip piecing! Not so great with the triangles in a square.

Tiffany 11-22-2009 08:46 AM

OOooooh, Pat, that is such a great idea about the dark background. I love quilts with a dark background. Hm, I think I'm going to have to give this a bit more thought concerning color.

It's a bummer a few of us don't live closer so we could share the software. It'd be fun to get together once a week for an afternoon of sewing. I have a couple groups I do this with and it is so much fun!!! Not to mention I sure learn a lot from everyone, which I love.

buddy'smom 11-22-2009 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by Tiffany
OOooooh, Pat, that is such a great idea about the dark background. I love quilts with a dark background. Hm, I think I'm going to have to give this a bit more thought concerning color.

It's a bummer a few of us don't live closer so we could share the software. It'd be fun to get together once a week for an afternoon of sewing. I have a couple groups I do this with and it is so much fun!!! Not to mention I sure learn a lot from everyone, which I love.

Oh, it would be great to get together for a quilt along!!!

buddy'smom 11-22-2009 10:35 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Well ladies, been wondering about the corners?? Haven't seen any made so had to try and see if I could do any, this is what I came up with>> I do have a question, what color do you think would be good to put with the 30"s? I was thinking of a dark purple, but not sure if it would be right? Black??

kluedesigns 11-22-2009 10:40 AM

the kites look great!

i like 30s with white or off white

bearisgray 11-22-2009 10:40 AM

"white" muslin is always good - a bit boring, but "good"

I think whatever looks good to you would be right

buddy'smom 11-22-2009 10:41 AM

Thanks, I'm using Kona white so maybe I'll just border them with it as well.

Shemjo 11-22-2009 11:10 AM

I was able to get the book from my local library through the inter library loan, but I have to return it. I can re request it, but since I just wanted to see it, I can copy some things and return it. I did receive my software, but haven't taken time to load it and check it out.

kluedesigns 11-22-2009 11:17 AM

Originally Posted by Shemjo
I was able to get the book from my local library through the inter library loan, but I have to return it. I can re request it, but since I just wanted to see it, I can copy some things and return it. I did receive my software, but haven't taken time to load it and check it out.

our library has the book and thats exactly what i do, i just check it out whenever i need to look at it.

Janstar 11-22-2009 11:20 AM

Your kites look great buddysmom! I got 3 of the triangles done and thought I'd do some more blocks today. I'm not doing the ones that are assigned first, just randomly selecting some. I can't stop working on them, especially the PP ones. Then I feel so proud that I did them, call me crazy!!!!!!!!!