Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   1 August 2011 House BOM pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/1-august-2011-house-bom-pictures-t141762.html)

SulaBug 08-08-2011 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by Floralfab
Good looking outhouses ladies. Here's mine.

Oh, your Outhouse block turned out just wonderful, too!! :thumbup: Your little Dachshund puppy has stolen my heart. He/She is so cute. I have had three of them & I love their little personalities so much. Very nice work & thank you for sharing.
This is so exciting!!
:D :D :D :D

Deecee 08-08-2011 01:54 PM

Gosh, I was dropped off this thread and when I looked ......WOW - love all the outhouses, both fabric and real.

I had better get to work on mine.

marymc 08-08-2011 01:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Sulabug, I so appreciate the confidence you have in us but I think this one just about did me in. I had so much trouble with this and I'm not happy with the results but decided it was done for now. Maybe someday I will return to try it again but right now I would rather have to use an outhouse than make another one!

it looks better in the picture than it does in my sewing room!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]238581[/ATTACH]

2 Doods 08-08-2011 02:55 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I am getting caught up with my houses.
I still need to add the moon on the door and the hinges/latch.
But here it is......

August BOM 2011
[ATTACH=CONFIG]238605[/ATTACH]

SulaBug 08-08-2011 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by marymc
Sulabug, I so appreciate the confidence you have in us but I think this one just about did me in. I had so much trouble with this and I'm not happy with the results but decided it was done for now. Maybe someday I will return to try it again but right now I would rather have to use an outhouse than make another one!

Oh Mary, your block turned out wonderful!! :thumbup: It just looks terrific to me. You did a great job & I think if you look at it again in a couple of days, you will be able to see just how nice it really turned out. I really like the grass that you put around the outside of your Outhouse. Very nice work.

SulaBug 08-08-2011 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by 2 Doods
I am getting caught up with my houses.
I still need to add the moon on the door and the hinges/latch.
But here it is......

Another great Outhouse block that you have made!! :thumbup: I like your fabric choices & the colors you picked. It looks great just the way it is. But if you want to add those extra pieces, go for it. I am so glad that you are getting caught up on your blocks.

Surfergirl 08-09-2011 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by SulaBug

Oh Mary, your block turned out wonderful!! :thumbup: It just looks terrific to me. You did a great job & I think if you look at it again in a couple of days, you will be able to see just how nice it really turned out. I really like the grass that you put around the outside of your Outhouse. Very nice work.

I agree!

rwquilts 08-09-2011 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Floralfab
Good looking outhouses ladies. Here's mine.

Floralfab, your outhouse is awesome!

2 Doods and MaryMc...great blocks!

jacquie 08-09-2011 12:32 PM

MARYMC,

your out house is just GREAT! you shouldn't doubt yourself!! i think it's wonderful!! i love the fabrics you've used, your piecing is great and i LOVE LOVE LOVE the grasses!!!
great job done i would say!! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Floralfab 08-09-2011 12:59 PM

I think it looks great!! We tend to be too critical of ourselves.