Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   1 August 2011 House BOM pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/1-august-2011-house-bom-pictures-t141762.html)

Floralfab 08-09-2011 01:02 PM

Originally Posted by 2 Doods
I am getting caught up with my houses.
I still need to add the moon on the door and the hinges/latch.
But here it is......

Looks really good. Lots of fun making this one wasn't it. Also lots of small pieces to cut. :lol:

marymc 08-09-2011 01:13 PM

Thanks for all the encouragement. It does look better now that I look again. I think I was just tired of sewing/ripping/sewing/ripping. I appreciate the support received here.

2 Doods 08-09-2011 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by Floralfab

Originally Posted by 2 Doods
I am getting caught up with my houses.
I still need to add the moon on the door and the hinges/latch.
But here it is......

Looks really good. Lots of fun making this one wasn't it. Also lots of small pieces to cut. :lol:

I cheated on the door! When I saw all thoses little tiny pieces I decided to substitute the wood plank fabric. (I'll have to embroidery on the hinges.) It helped me to do the block in sections too and only cut out what I needed at the time. It was a busy day! I built the 3 row houses, the log cabin and the out house all on Sunday. PHEW! Out did DH who didn't even get his shop cleaned out. LOL

Deecee 08-09-2011 09:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Mine had to have an Aussie flavour.

The Aussie Bush Dunny
[ATTACH=CONFIG]239381[/ATTACH]

SulaBug 08-09-2011 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Deecee

I LOVE IT!! :thumbup: Your Aussie flavour touch, just made your Outhouse block extra special. I really like the crooked boards on the door. Your trees & Koala is really nice too. You did GOOD. Thank you for sharing with all of us. PS: Am I right with Koala?
:D :D :D :D

Deecee 08-09-2011 10:53 PM

Yes, it is a koala. :thumbup:

SulaBug 08-09-2011 11:33 PM

Yes, it is a koala. :thumbup:

Oh Good, I got it right!! :thumbup: Thank you for letting me know.
:D :D :D :D

Surfergirl 08-10-2011 02:31 AM

Love it!

marymc 08-10-2011 03:37 AM

I cheated on the door! When I saw all thoses little tiny pieces I decided to substitute the wood plank fabric. (I'll have to embroidery on the hinges.) It helped me to do the block in sections too and only cut out what I needed at the time. It was a busy day! I built the 3 row houses, the log cabin and the out house all on Sunday. PHEW! Out did DH who didn't even get his shop cleaned out. LOL
It took me 2 days to do the outhouse! Great job on all of them

marymc 08-10-2011 03:38 AM

Love it! The crooked boards are so authentic looking.