Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   1-February-2014 BOM Squares & Rectangles Photo's. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/1-february-2014-bom-squares-rectangles-photos-t240094.html)

jaba 02-03-2014 08:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thought I had posted my blocks but guess not. I'm making mine from the same fabric as last year also for a bigger quilt.[ATTACH=CONFIG]460366[/ATTACH]

gramquilter2 02-03-2014 09:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Have finished Block 1 and 2 for February, not sure if my fabrics work or not but I love those 3 pieces.

SulaBug 02-03-2014 10:22 AM

Jaba & Gramquilter2............Both of your blocks are wonderful & I love the color's you have picked for the year. Jaba I am so glad to see that you are going to use the same color's as you did for 2013. I love those color's so much, good for you. Gramquilter2 The three colors that you picked are also gorgeous together. I can just tell that you will also have a beautiful quilt at the end of this year. Thank You ladies for sharing with all of us here today, on the Quilting Board. Very nice work!!
:D :D :D :D

pattilynn 02-04-2014 06:29 AM

I think your color choices work very well together. Love your blocks. Can't wait for March...

jmoore 02-05-2014 06:22 PM

Sulabug, is that pink I see in your blocks?

tapper 02-06-2014 07:41 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are mine.
I am not pleased with the Squares upon Squares one. I think I may have to redo it with the blue as the full square.
I'll leave it for now but may change it later. I was thinking about doing scrappy but may go with a gold, green and blue combo. Your suggestions would be appreciated. If I use the g/g/b combo, do you think I should have more contrast? less contrast? I am not good with color choices, so please feel free to give me tips.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]460765[/ATTACH]

SulaBug 02-07-2014 12:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by jmoore (Post 6557434)
Sulabug, is that pink I see in your blocks?

jmoore............yes, you see PINK in both of my blocks!! :D I am using the same pink & purple combination that I used for the BOM 2013, so I will have a bigger quilt to put together. Here is a picture of the blocks I made for last year. I hope you enjoy them!!
:D :D :D :D

VickiM 02-07-2014 01:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Loving what I'm seeing:thumbup:........I am playing catch-up today. Finished the medallion quilt round (making strictly from scraps), posted. Got both of these blocks made (making strictly from stash), posting. Now to start cutting for the mysterytrain (making 2 of these--a boy & a girl; making strictly from scraps & stash). Love the QB QA's!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: I have about 2 dozen plastic bags (open, of course) with fabrics put together that are ready for quiltmaking. I grabbed this one & I think I'm going to love this quilt...it's going to be very soft colors. I may keep this one for myself! Anyway, here are the first 2 blocks. Dusty mauve, dusty blue, dusty green, and a mottled dusty tan...

m-fay 02-07-2014 04:40 PM

I like all that have been posted ad like Vicki, mine will be strictly from stash (when I get started) meanwhile I'm collecting combinations from you all.

pattilynn 02-07-2014 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by tapper (Post 6558401)
Here are mine.
I am not pleased with the Squares upon Squares one. I think I may have to redo it with the blue as the full square.
I'll leave it for now but may change it later. I was thinking about doing scrappy but may go with a gold, green and blue combo. Your suggestions would be appreciated. If I use the g/g/b combo, do you think I should have more contrast? less contrast? I am not good with color choices, so please feel free to give me tips.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]460765[/ATTACH]

I think both blocks look beautiful, and I love the color comb.