Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   1-February-2014 Project of the Month Photo's. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/1-february-2014-project-month-photos-t240096.html)

lawsonmugs 02-09-2014 05:24 PM

Very pretty deedum. I think the idea is to make it how ever you feel. Like last months fabric boxes. So many different takes on the same idea. I love it.

tapper 02-09-2014 05:55 PM

deedum. love the case!

deedum 02-09-2014 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs (Post 6565379)
Very pretty deedum. I think the idea is to make it how ever you feel. Like last months fabric boxes. So many different takes on the same idea. I love it.

Thanks, I may take to make another one when time permits. It is just how I felt making it at the time, much like my quilts. I am truly a free spirit on these things. I must say I do like to see variations as well. Love the eye candy.

deedum 02-09-2014 06:42 PM

thanks tapper. I am anxious to see some others pictures of what they make too.

SulaBug 02-10-2014 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs (Post 6564404)
Sulabug lets see your new ones.I like seeing what all have been made so I can use them as a start for mine.Mary

Hi Mary,

I posted the two new pillowcases that I made under Pictures, on the Quilting Board. Here is the link to see them. I hope you enjoy what I have done. I am still planning on making a few more for gifts. Enjoy!!
:D :D :D

[h=1]2 more pillowcases all done.[/h]

SulaBug 02-10-2014 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by Jenniky (Post 6564164)
I'm working diligently on mine. Didn't want to post picture until it was all done. Trying to decide what stitch I want to use on the applique so currently its hanging on my design wall until the light bulb in my head goes on. LOL :D:D

Jenniky...................So glad to hear that you are working on yours & am anxious to see your photo when it's all done. I just know that it is going to be BEAUTIFUL!! :D Thank you for letting us all know. We'll be watching too!!
:D :D :D :D

SulaBug 02-10-2014 02:09 AM

Originally Posted by deedum (Post 6564614)
I tried! This is mine as you can see, I started altering, not a big ruffle fan. So that went, then I decided to use my pocket differently. I wanted it this way so I could put my iPhone in it why I napped or a tissue. I have king size pillows so I needed some extra length. I also, decided to do this in a girly color as sometimes I stand a better chance of umm, not loosing it shall we say. I am happy with the results, although not like the others. That is me in a nutshell.

Deedum.............WOW, your Gift Bag Pillowcase turned out wonderful & I especially love how you changed it, a little bit, to fit your needs. That's part of what's so wonderful about making these projects, we can all make little changes to fit our own needs. If you don't mind, I would like to use your idea to make one for my Mother. She is always losing her Kleenex in bed & this would be perfect for her. I know she'll love it. Thank you for sharing.
:D :D :D :D

deedum 02-10-2014 04:54 AM

SulaBug,
Thanks, It just worked for me. I must admit I do like the pocket. Sometimes you just need a Kleenex or whatever. I am sure yr mom will like it. Be sure and post a pic so we can all see :)

gramquilter2 02-10-2014 07:09 AM

sulabug, have you seen the pocket pillowcase on www.justanotherhangup.blogspot.com ? I made quite a few of those for gifts this year, thought I had pictures of them but can't find any. It is another cute and easy case. I embroidered on the pocket and put books in them for 12 grandkids.

lawsonmugs 02-10-2014 09:32 AM

Sulabug your cases are so pretty. I love blue and yellow together. One of these days I need to make something with those colors. I like the blocks you put on the ends. Mary