Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   1-February-2014 Project of the Month Photo's. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/1-february-2014-project-month-photos-t240096.html)

SulaBug 02-01-2014 01:09 AM

1-February-2014 Project of the Month Photo's.

1 Attachment(s)
Hi Everyone,

Here I am with a photo of the Gift Bag Pillowcase that I have made for this month's project. This was so much fun to make that I can't stop making them & have so far made three, all together. I believe they will make lovely gifts for any occasion. It is so much fun to get such a good head start on the gift giving season. Enjoy & don't forget to post your photo's when you have finished your project too!! Have fun & go daring with your fabric's!!

:D :D :D :D

patricej 02-01-2014 01:46 AM

ooooooooooooooh .... pretty!!! :)

lawsonmugs 02-01-2014 01:59 PM

Love the flowers sulabug. Thanks for hosting again. Mary

luvTooQuilt 02-01-2014 04:43 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Ok heres my pillowcase..
I decided i wanted to use flannel since its cold right now.. and well my kiddo just 'wants' everything i make these days anyhow.. I used a soft butterfly flannel with a lil bit of glitter for the body and the same pink flannel for the ruffle ( wasnt pleased with it) and the cuff.. I used regular pink quilting cotton for the drawstring-I used leftover pink binding- worked like a charm.. I do suggest to use the turning tool to turn the 'string'.. and have a nice big safety pin or the thingamabob that will thread the sting thru the cuff of the pillowcase.. AND I surged my edges, cut a few corners..and i like the clean seams of serging.. I like the end result.. and I have one happy lil kiddo too !!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]459979[/ATTACH]

I stuffed two lap quilts and still had plenty of room..
[ATTACH=CONFIG]459978[/ATTACH]

More true to colors... Pic of Flannel Pillowcase and reg quilting cotton for drawstring..
I wanted a 'smooth' pull and didnt think flannel on flannel would allow the drawstring to pull easily..
[ATTACH=CONFIG]459977[/ATTACH]

thanks for looking and THANKS FOR THE TUTE !!!
It was fast fun and easy..

lauriejo 02-01-2014 05:18 PM

Oooooh pretty! I have made lots of pillowcases, but never one like this. Back to the stash.

lynnie 02-01-2014 05:30 PM

Thanks sula bug.
this is an easy project, but for the ones that are a bit more complicated, where can we find instructions and fabric requirements???

Thanks for posting here for all of us to get a jump on whatever we need a cutesy gift.
A BIG thanks.

lawsonmugs 02-01-2014 06:50 PM

Luvtoquilt, very cute, I'm not sure which picture colors I like best. both ways are pretty.

gramquilter2 02-02-2014 07:49 AM

Love the cases that have been posted, great job, SulaBug and LovetoQuilt.

Jenniky 02-02-2014 01:23 PM

Yes, Yes loving this months project. Perfect idea for a present for my grandson... He asked if I would make him an Adventure Time theme Pillow... I think I will be doing a bit of applique on the pillow so will take me a bit longer to make but that's a great challenge for me. :thumbup:

Anael 02-02-2014 02:11 PM

Lovely cases! No requests here but I'm going to make one for myself :D