Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   1 JANUARY 2011 BOM Pictures. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/1-january-2011-bom-pictures-t86669.html)

BizzieLizzie 01-26-2011 07:02 PM

Originally Posted by pab58
Okay........ here's my God's house block. I still have to put on the embellishments so PLEASE don't be too critical. :? I just wanted to post it so you all didn't think I hadn't made one. :D

Oh wow!! Love your block! I bet the embellishments ill make it more stunning!

BizzieLizzie 01-26-2011 07:04 PM

Originally Posted by Yooper32
Well, here it is, just under the wire. at least I hope here it is, this will be my first attempt at a pic...

Simply stunning!!! Love that tree! :thumbup:

BizzieLizzie 01-26-2011 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by candi
Well, I thought all my templates had the one inch square, guess not, because the one window is a bit larger than the other, must have used one of the trial ones as I was fiddling with resizing it.
oh well, it is staying :mrgreen: Woo Hoo...I made it on time :XD:

It is beautiful!

BizzieLizzie 01-26-2011 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by Jeanine
Here is my simple, unadorned church. It might be embellished sometime, if I decide to use it. I did reduced the size 50% so it is only about 5". Better for a wall hanging, I thought. Perhaps this can be considered embellishment.
Jeanine S.

Love it!

BizzieLizzie 01-26-2011 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by BluegrassGurl
I wasn't planning on participating in this BOM; however, you all truly inspired me with all of your creativity, encouragement and enthusiasm. Thank you!!!

This is my first attempt at PP. I LOVED it <all though I will admit, this pattern was extremely frustrating for me due to the proportion challenges>.

I am looking forward to the upcoming months!!!

Gorgeous choice of fabrics! Love your block!

BizzieLizzie 01-26-2011 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by sewTinker

Originally Posted by sapdoggie
Sewtinker,

Blocks can wait- take care of your Mom. Praying she gets better soon.

thank you, sapdoggie. Re-reading my post, the "hmmmpf," makes me sound as though I am resentful, and I am not at all. I am blessed to be in a position where I can travel to her and stay as long as I like. I am Happy to be going. I should have added an, "lol...," after that "hmmmpf," to lighten its sound.

Thank you for your kind words.

Sorry your mum is unwell. Hope she gets better soon. God Bless.

topazgypsy 01-26-2011 07:22 PM

Everyone's blocks are wonderful,it is so amazing how one pattern can bring out so much artistic difference. Can't believe I just found this tonight. I am currently working on 2 bom's, and now want to start this one...

BluegrassGurl 01-26-2011 08:13 PM

Thank you BizzieLizzie!

luvmortherest 01-26-2011 08:36 PM

thank you Bizzielizzie

Deecee 01-27-2011 12:01 AM

It's great to see so many beautiful and varied churches and so many "newbies" having a go at paper piecing also.

Once you get the hang of it, I'm sure you will love it as much as I do.

Eagerly awaiting our next block to see what technique and type of house it may be.

Not long to go now! (Mind you, I'm a day ahead of you down here!!!)