Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   1 JANUARY 2011 BOM Pictures. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/1-january-2011-bom-pictures-t86669.html)

lindyline 01-27-2011 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by Deecee
It's great to see so many beautiful and varied churches and so many "newbies" having a go at paper piecing also.

Once you get the hang of it, I'm sure you will love it as much as I do.

Eagerly awaiting our next block to see what technique and type of house it may be.

Not long to go now! (Mind you, I'm a day ahead of you down here!!!)

Me too. I vote we get our link a day earlier to allow for this!!! :thumbup:

Deecee 01-27-2011 03:12 AM

[quote=lindyline
Me too. I vote we get our link a day earlier to allow for this!!! :thumbup:[/quote]

Seems fair to me. :lol:

Grandma Cindy 01-27-2011 07:41 AM

At the end of each month will there be a thread that shows only the completed houses so the board and those of us participating can refer to them without all the chatter(which I love)? I do not know computers , so I do not know if that's at all possible even. I love looking at all the hard work and gorgeous churches.

BluegrassGurl 01-27-2011 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by Grandma Cindy
At the end of each month will there be a thread that shows only the completed houses so the board and those of us participating can refer to them without all the chatter(which I love)? I do not know computers , so I do not know if that's at all possible even. I love looking at all the hard work and gorgeous churches.

I like this idea.
:thumbup:

BATIKQLTR 01-27-2011 08:23 AM

Here is a try at pictures of all the churches like Grandma Cindy mentioned:

Sorry, I'm not getting them to transfer. There are 106 churches. I'll keep trying. ..............

If you want to save any of the pictures:

1. set up a folder in your picture file and name it.
2. RIGHT click on the picture.
3. choose "SAVE PICTURE AS" and click.
4. find the folder you set up.
5. click "SAVE".

pab58 01-27-2011 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by BizzieLizzie

Originally Posted by pab58
Okay........ here's my God's house block. I still have to put on the embellishments so PLEASE don't be too critical. :? I just wanted to post it so you all didn't think I hadn't made one. :D

Oh wow!! Love your block! I bet the embellishments ill make it more stunning!

Thank you so much for your comments! I will post a pic of the new and improved (I hope it will be improved:roll: ) block when it's finished. ;)

Grandma Cindy 01-27-2011 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by BATIKQLTR
Here is a try at pictures of all the churches like Grandma Cindy mentioned:

Sorry, I'm not getting them to transfer. There are 106 churches. I'll keep trying. ..............

If you want to save any of the pictures:

1. set up a folder in your picture file and name it.
2. RIGHT click on the picture.
3. choose "SAVE PICTURE AS" and click.
4. find the folder you set up.
5. click "SAVE".

thanks for all your efforts...Continuing to dream, wouldn't it be cool to all meet with our finished tops, somewhere, someplace next year............

Jeanine 01-27-2011 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Jeanine
Here is my simple, unadorned church. It might be embellished sometime, if I decide to use it. I did reduced the size 50% so it is only about 5". Better for a wall hanging, I thought. Perhaps this can be considered embellishment.
Jeanine S.

Love it!

Thanks BizzieLizzie.

candi 01-27-2011 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by candi
Well, I thought all my templates had the one inch square, guess not, because the one window is a bit larger than the other, must have used one of the trial ones as I was fiddling with resizing it.
oh well, it is staying :mrgreen: Woo Hoo...I made it on time :XD:

It is beautiful!

Thanks, BizzieLizzie, you are so sweet!

BATIKQLTR 01-27-2011 04:21 PM

Ok.....Let's try again. I've been trying to figure out the Photobucket slideshow program. For some reason I can't download all the pictures here. Maybe too many in the file. Or I am not pushing the right buttons. I think I have it set for a slide show or click in the bottom right corner for a grid view once you get to it.

I've tried it several times......copy and paste the website link and if a menu drops, then click on the "Go To" link and we will see.................It might take you directly to it.............Hope so! Press your ESC key to leave the pictures.

http://s184.photobucket.com/albums/x...view=slideshow