Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   1 May 2011 Red & White School House pictures. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/1-may-2011-red-white-school-house-pictures-t119997.html)

hobbykat1955 05-13-2011 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by sew cornie
On the Coast Guard base in Kodiak, AK, there was an old schoolhouse that had been converted into temporary housing for those who were days away from being transferred to their next station. It was red and was known as "The Little Red Schoolhouse" . . . until it was painted blue. Naturally, the name changed to "The Little Blue Schoolhouse". Many times were spent there saying last goodbyes to friends and playmates. So in honor of The Little Blue Schoolhouse of my childhood:

you did great matching those lines...patience

Durinda 05-13-2011 05:20 PM

Great way to display your school colors and make your block unique! :thumbup: :)

violetsfarm 05-13-2011 05:30 PM

I'm still working on mine. It faces the other direction but doesn't matter. Working on adding some steps then will post a picture.

SulaBug 05-13-2011 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by violetsfarm
I'm still working on mine. It faces the other direction but doesn't matter. Working on adding some steps then will post a picture.

We will be anxiously waiting to see your final School House block!!
It's never to late!!
:D :D :D :D

hooked 05-14-2011 03:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my school house. My mason on my chimney needs to be fired for putting the stones on sideways. Otherwise went together great. Thanks for choosing the block. Can't wait for the next one.

Red and White School House
[ATTACH=CONFIG]197024[/ATTACH]

hooked 05-14-2011 03:06 PM

pab58 05-14-2011 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by hooked
Here is my school house. My mason on my chimney needs to be fired for putting the stones on sideways. Otherwise went together great. Thanks for choosing the block. Can't wait for the next one.

Love the flowers all over your schoolyard!!! :thumbup:

kristen0112 05-14-2011 10:04 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Finally getting around to May's house. I never did get to April I will have to work on that tomorrow. I was really busy in April making my daughter a prom dress - it was challenging. It was 100% silk and the pattern was re-worked I made major changes to the pattern...

her prom date
[ATTACH=CONFIG]197221[/ATTACH]

last try on and final fixes before it's finished
[ATTACH=CONFIG]197224[/ATTACH]

back of dress
[ATTACH=CONFIG]197225[/ATTACH]

SulaBug 05-14-2011 11:38 PM

Originally Posted by hooked

I just love your school house block, too!! :thumbup: I wouldn't fire that masonry person as it just makes your block special. Nice work!!

SulaBug 05-14-2011 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by kristen0112
Finally getting around to May's house. I never did get to April I will have to work on that tomorrow. I was really busy in April making my daughter a prom dress - it was challenging. It was 100% silk and the pattern was re-worked I made major changes to the pattern...

First I would like to say how beautiful your daughter is & that dress is absolutely stunning on her. You really out did yourself on her project. Thank you so much for sharing with all of us.

I am so excited to see your School house block with all of your fabric selections!! :thumbup: I can hardly wait to see your quilt top when it's all done. Nice work.