Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   1 May 2011 Red & White School House pictures. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/1-may-2011-red-white-school-house-pictures-t119997.html)

SulaBug 05-11-2011 04:34 PM

Originally Posted by Floralfab
Finished my school house block. Still have to do a little work on the birdhouse block.

What a nice red school house block you have made. I love the little tree beside it. It makes a world of difference, doesn't it?
:D :D :D :D

sew cornie 05-12-2011 09:07 AM

Finished my schoolhouse last night. I'll post pix later today. Sure love what everyone's created so far! :thumbup:

marymc 05-12-2011 09:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, it's not red & white but it is our town school. This is the first time I tried to change so much of the pattern. I think I will stick to the pattern supplied in the future. In cae you are wondering. that's my 3 sons are peaking from the window and my daughter is on her way out the door. Strange since they were never in the same school togther!

Purple and white are our school colors
[ATTACH=CONFIG]196173[/ATTACH]

Jeanine 05-12-2011 09:45 AM

Marymc: Great job!! I love the children in the picture. So very special.

Floralfab 05-12-2011 12:45 PM

Marymc, love the little children in the schoolhouse. Really nice block.

SulaBug 05-12-2011 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by marymc
Well, it's not red & white but it is our town school. This is the first time I tried to change so much of the pattern. I think I will stick to the pattern supplied in the future. In cae you are wondering. that's my 3 sons are peaking from the window and my daughter is on her way out the door. Strange since they were never in the same school togther!

Oh, I love your school house & the addition of your children is really great!! :thumbup: You will always treasure this block. Nice work.
:D :D :D :D

sew cornie 05-12-2011 11:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
On the Coast Guard base in Kodiak, AK, there was an old schoolhouse that had been converted into temporary housing for those who were days away from being transferred to their next station. It was red and was known as "The Little Red Schoolhouse" . . . until it was painted blue. Naturally, the name changed to "The Little Blue Schoolhouse". Many times were spent there saying last goodbyes to friends and playmates. So in honor of The Little Blue Schoolhouse of my childhood:

SulaBug 05-12-2011 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by sew cornie
On the Coast Guard base in Kodiak, AK, there was an old schoolhouse that had been converted into temporary housing for those who were days away from being transferred to their next station. It was red and was known as "The Little Red Schoolhouse" . . . until it was painted blue. Naturally, the name changed to "The Little Blue Schoolhouse". Many times were spent there saying last goodbyes to friends and playmates. So in honor of The Little Blue Schoolhouse of my childhood:

Your little school house block is a wonderful tribute to those memories that you have. Anyone who has been there would be so touched with your block!! Nice Work. Thank you for sharing your story with all of us.
:D :D :D

sew cornie 05-12-2011 11:28 PM

Originally Posted by SulaBug

Originally Posted by sew cornie

Your little school house block is a wonderful tribute to those memories that you have. Anyone who has been there would be so touched with your block!! Nice Work. Thank you for sharing your story with all of us.
:D :D :D

Thanks. I chose the pp option. One of the things I've most enjoyed about this BOM is that I've learned to pp and I really like it. I used to be so intimidated, but once you get the hang of it, it's a great method.

Sula, I know we're in the same time zone, but don't you ever sleep??? It's 12:30 and I'm off to bed now. :roll: :lol:

rwquilts 05-13-2011 11:59 AM

Mary and Sew Cornie, I love your school houses, and especially love the accompanying stories that go with! I'm inspired!