Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   1 September 2011 Ohio School House block pictures. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/1-september-2011-ohio-school-house-block-pictures-t149498.html)

SulaBug 09-17-2011 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by Floralfab
Here is my verson of the Ohio School House. I made it a little whimsical.

Your School House block turned out really nice. i love the whimsical part of it. Very nice work.
:D :D :D :D

Floralfab 09-17-2011 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by SulaBug

Originally Posted by Floralfab
Here is my verson of the Ohio School House. I made it a little whimsical.

Your School House block turned out really nice. i love the whimsical part of it. Very nice work.

Thanks SulaBug. I had fun making it.

violetsfarm 09-17-2011 03:53 PM

FloraFab - How cute! You have done a great job making the block really look like a school. Still working on mine.

Jeanine 09-17-2011 04:20 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is mine. Mine isn't as fun or real as the others, but it does go along with my theme. Have to admit, it is not one of my favorites!
Jeanine

SulaBug 09-17-2011 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by Jeanine
Here is mine. Mine isn't as fun or real as the others, but it does go along with my theme. Have to admit, it is not one of my favorites!
Jeanine

Another lovely block Jeanine. Your theme is what will make your quilt & I just know it will be spectacular!! :thumbup: Keep up the great work. I like your school house, it looks fine to me.

Floralfab 09-18-2011 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by violetsfarm
FloraFab - How cute! You have done a great job making the block really look like a school. Still working on mine.

Thanks Violets. It's apple picking time here.

Jeanine 09-18-2011 02:52 PM

2 Attachment(s)
[quote=SulaBug

Another lovely block Jeanine. Your theme is what will make your quilt & I just know it will be spectacular!! [/quote]

Thanks. Here is a taste of the center of the quilt.

sherian 09-18-2011 05:10 PM

Hello Again,

I will go first, as I already have my block finished. This is my interpretation of the School House. I still feel that I want to add more & if I do, I will repost another picture for everyone to see. Good Luck & have Fun making your new block. I will be anxious to see other pictures, as you finish your blocks.

I like your school house. May I make one simliar to it, for
my grandson's two teacher's or is it wrong to use someone's idea. I think special ed teachers need a little extra.

sherian 09-18-2011 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by montanajan
I enjoy looking at all of your blocks. I had to drop out - sister's hubby was dying & she had surgery for broken leg & needed help.
Just when I thoought I could get back to sewing, my hubby had a very serious accident in the mountains & has 4 fractured vertebrae, 1 totally shattered, 2 broken ribs, 5 bulging disks, surgery with pins and rods placed, spinal cord damage, learning to walk w/ walker. Our lives are upside down - not getting to ANY sewing/ quilting.

Sorry to hear about your family, stay close to them and
God bless you all.

whitepine 09-18-2011 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by sherian

Hello Again,

I will go first, as I already have my block finished. This is my interpretation of the School House. I still feel that I want to add more & if I do, I will repost another picture for everyone to see. Good Luck & have Fun making your new block. I will be anxious to see other pictures, as you finish your blocks.

I like your school house. May I make one simliar to it, for
my grandson's two teacher's or is it wrong to use someone's idea. I think special ed teachers need a little extra.

Hi Sherian, I think it's safe to say that we all love sharing ideas and techniques. Even when we use the same ideas they come out uniquely (is that a word?) "Some" people have even been known to delay making a block so they could get some ideas. (Okay, I'm guilty.) Have fun and can't wait to see your block.