Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   #12 Mystery Quilt Train Ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/12-mystery-quilt-train-ride-t276160.html)

ctyankee 03-01-2016 07:05 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay, I've finally picked my fabrics -- I think. I have to "live" with them a while in order to decide whether or not I really like them. Right now, I'm not too sure I do. I was hoping for more color (blue). May have to go digging in the stash again. Any thoughts on these? I find all the neutrals a bit boring. But everybody else seems to have picked out great colors!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]543843[/ATTACH]

I really believe I need help!

ctyankee 03-01-2016 07:06 PM

I think they look worse in the photo -- if that's even possible! The white is a white-on-white. Maybe I should've checked my solids. (sigh)

zozee 03-01-2016 07:43 PM

My head is on the train , but my heart is in Florida with my grown up daughter. She is very sick, and it could be mono. They ruled out strep, flu, and ear infection.

williesmom 03-02-2016 01:36 AM

Originally Posted by VickiM (Post 7481234)
I finally picked my fabrics. I want to make a baby quilt with making 2 of everything & some borders. Judy, will that work? And the colors are a bit brighter than shows; I'm using the light pink for F-I & the pink shows well with the E. The brown will be J-M. I decided to use some stash for this one. I tend to go to scraps for everything first, but need to use some of the EXTENSIVE stash I have, too!:) Hopefully, this is all good & can stop changing colors everytime I turn around!!!:D

I love your border fabric, and it makes the colors really work well together. Can't wait to see your finished project!

jmoore 03-02-2016 03:31 AM

I swear I spent an hour rummaging through my stash last night... finally had to turn the light off and go to bed. I will take a peek in the guest room later this morning to see what I did but pulling 13 fabrics together is not as easy as one might think... especially my husband who thinks I'm a quilting nut. :p

Everyone's choices are looking great. I love both Jan and Jeanne who are using some blacks and greys in addition to their color choices and I like VickiM's idea of making a baby quilt ... that's where I might be headed.

AnngelAnne 03-02-2016 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by AUQuilter (Post 7481408)
I have watched in the shadows but this time I am jumping in. I like the idea of a smaller project! Thanks for doing this, Judy! Please give me feedback as there is more fabric where this came from- LOL!

yummy colors.

AnngelAnne 03-02-2016 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by whitepine (Post 7481693)
This is a stack of fat quarters that I hadn't decided what to do with. They look better together when they're all mixed up. Maybe they will be when we're finished. :) The border print will pull them all together. I think I have the needed contrast.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]543842[/ATTACH]

Love these colors too, can't wait to see the finished products.

AnngelAnne 03-02-2016 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by whitepine (Post 7481696)
AngelAnne, My shed definitely looks like yours rather than Roma's, but where in the world is willy wack sticks? :)

You have not heard of living in the willy wacks, or out in the sticks? Perhaps that is Maine country talk, kind of like they say I have an accent, but I know I don't. I just live so far into the country I have to travel 20 miles to go to town. But its pretty. And I do feel better I am not the only only one that has that kind of "shed".

Roma Bauder 03-02-2016 07:10 AM

Anngel... I will get a pix of my "shed " and then all can see where I play in the winter LOL

Roma Bauder 03-02-2016 07:34 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is my "shed"[ATTACH=CONFIG]543861[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]543862[/ATTACH]