Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Blocks of the Month and Week (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/)
-   -   #12 Mystery Quilt Train Ride (https://www.quiltingboard.com/blocks-month-week-f9/12-mystery-quilt-train-ride-t276160.html)

AnngelAnne 03-02-2016 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by Roma Bauder (Post 7482028)
Here is my "shed"[ATTACH=CONFIG]543861[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]543862[/ATTACH]

Oh, now that is the kind of shed to have, I could go for that, nothing like mine, lol, maybe I should take a picture of that for you, lol. That is like being in a different world there, lock out who you what and just enjoy. Thanks for the picture.

whitepine 03-02-2016 08:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Roma, love your shed. Also love your "whatever's on top" organizational style. That's mine too. And maybe I live in the willy wacks too, Angelanne. I'm only about three miles outside of town but it's straight "up the hill" (Olympic Mountains) and far enough that I got this picture of a young bobcat stalking my birdfeeder. I would like to use those colors in a quilt, grays & blacks & more.

Zozee, Hope your daughter is doing better.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]543863[/ATTACH]

Anoka Quilter 03-02-2016 08:15 AM

Whitepine, what a great picture.

AnngelAnne 03-02-2016 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by whitepine (Post 7482051)
Roma, love your shed. Also love your "whatever's on top" organizational style. That's mine too. And maybe I live in the willy wacks too, Angelanne. I'm only about three miles outside of town but it's straight "up the hill" (Olympic Mountains) and far enough that I got this picture of a young bobcat stalking my birdfeeder. I would like to use those colors in a quilt, grays & blacks & more.

Zozee, Hope your daughter is doing better.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]543863[/ATTACH]

OMG what a absolutely wonderful picture. I would have loved to see that, though not crazy about it being so near you, lol. I love my camera, love to see what I can capture with, but never anything like that. A treasure in my book for sure. Thanks for sharing.

Jeanne S 03-02-2016 08:27 AM

Love the little bobcat! But hope he didn't get any pretty songbirds! :D

zozee 03-02-2016 08:33 AM

Great picture, but how close were you to the bobcat??? I hope you have a strong zoom lens!

My daughter reported that her fever broke and she's feeling a little better (not nauseous or dizzy anymore) but very tired and has sore throat still.

AngeliaNR 03-02-2016 09:03 AM

I think I'm going to wing this one--pick fabrics as I go along. I have enough scrappy choices that I should be okay doing it that way. I found out that my niece is getting married at the end of April, so I need to get started on her quilt. As I'm going through fabric for hers, I'll pull things for the mystery.

I love the bobcat picture--and I'd sacrifice some birds if I could see him in my yard!

whitepine 03-02-2016 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Jeanne S (Post 7482065)
Love the little bobcat! But hope he didn't get any pretty songbirds! :D

That's always the dilemma, isn't it? I feel the same way when the hawks come through the yard. Everyone has to eat (darn it).

paintmejudy 03-02-2016 01:05 PM

VickiM - this is way different, will be striking and I can't wait to see it!

Cindy - wait and see as you progress, you may change, you may not.

AUQuilter -- If the top far right is E and the bottom far left is F, they look awfully close, don't see much contrast.
Quilterbunny - I feel the same with your what I think are your E and F.

White pine, good choices, this will be so pretty.

ctyankee, don't worry about thinking your neutrals are boring. They will all come together and play nicely. And I aagree, would like to see another blue in the blues instead of the print with yellow. And do you have something more tan or brown than the roosters?

paintmejudy 03-02-2016 01:12 PM

If I've missed answering any questions, I have not ignored you, honest. If there are 2 or more new pages to read, I can't start an answer, go to the next page and keep what I typed. So if I missed your question, ask again!

Everything is so pretty, I love it all. On Saturday you will start to see progress, and will have a completed block.